Part Thirty-three

"If they ask what injuries I undertook, I need you to be there so that you can make it clear. If it only came from me, it would be showing that I may be lying." Peter said as he put on his military jacket. He sounded better now. His voice wasn't dry anymore. I looked up at the two then looked away. I pulled up my blanket a bit more as I got a small chill.

"There won't be another session for a while as well. Apparently, what happened yesterday was not authorized by the higher board. A lot of them are being fired or demoted because of both of these recent events." Sean said making me smile with relief. Peter looked to me and smiled before he slowly walked to the door. He grabbed his ribs and winced before he opened the door. Sean helped and followed Peter out the door.

Jacob walked in soon after. He had the deck of cards in hand and started shuffling. I moved to the edge of the mattress so that I could see the playing area better. We played war again. Both of us starting conversations that interested us. An hour had passed quickly as both me and Jacob were having fun.

Cutting off our game session, Peter walked back into the room, still holding his ribs. He looked almost as if he was triumphant. With both me and Jacob having confused looks on our faces, Peter explained. He told us how, because of his injuries, that he was allowed to leave when he wanted to. He then explained, with a lower voice, that this was a good way to try and break me out. Peter said that this could happen tomorrow.