Chapter I

•—————————-•
The best kind of love, starts with an unexpected hello.
•—————————•

"Did you hear that the alphas back in town?" I over heard a couple talking. My head jerked in their direction.

"Yah it's time for his visit after being gone for a lengthy time period, I'm sure we will have a pack meeting later."

I mutely groaned.

Being in a big mass of people is not my strong suit. Heck I could barley get out the house to come to work! I sighed. The couple got up and left hand in hand. They were without a doubt mates. Going over to their spot at the bar I took the tip they left and grabbed the two glasses.

The soft hum of the karaoke machine filled most of the silence. Today it seemed to be dead, but I didn't blame anyone after all who drinks at three in the afternoon on a Monday? You would think everyone since life is so stressful, but the bar is empty saying otherwise.

The bell above the door rung and my head shot up. I smiled at the person who walked through the door, "you met lover boy yet?" Bethany asked.

I shook my head it had been the same question for the past year.

"No Bethany, if I met him I wouldn't be standing here in front of you," I smiled as she sat on a stool at the bar.

"Your right, your right," she paused, "you'd be in bed for the next week unable to walk!" My eyes widened. I grabbed the wet rag I had used to clean the sticky bar off, and smacked her arm with it. She jumped up, "ew Zaria! I'm going to smell like a wet dog now!"

"You are a wet dog!" I laughed.

"You'll be a wet dog when-" I stopped her mid sentence by throwing the wet rag at her face. She screeched jumping up and down.

I love Bethany, she's like a younger sister being a year younger than me. She's still in high school refusing to graduate early. Bethany secretly clings to her youth not wanting to be "old" yet.

The bell above the door rang again hours later. Bethany and I stopped our fooling around as the guy who is changing shifts with me walks in. I put my head down as he walks past me to the back room, after he checks in I went back and checked out.

Pack meeting in twenty minutes to greet your Alpha who has returned back home after two years! The Beta mind linked everyone in the pack I stopped dead in my tracks as I processed what he said, earning a honk of the car horn that brought me out of my daze. I stood in front of my purple Jeep and Bethany sat in the passengers seat.

She's leaning over to honking the horn at me.

I rolled my eyes and hopped in the driver seat starting the engine, "did you get the link?" I asked. She nods her head.

"We better hurry and get home. My moms going to freak," I nod my head at Bethany's words and pull out of my parking spot.

The drive to Bethany's house is five Taylor swift songs long, "see you at the meeting!" I shouted to her through the open window. She stood on her porch.

"See yah don't be nervous babe!" She holds up a heart with her hands then walks inside.

I drove off it takes me two and half Mac miller songs to get home. I park in the driveway then hop out walking inside.

The house is empty, "Vanessa!" I shout up the stairs. No answer I walk up to her room no one's inside she must've left already. I go to my room and threw open my closet doors I had to hurry or I'd be late. I look in my small closet for something to wear.

At last I find a pair of high waisted mom jeans and an over sized army green sweater. Throwing the outfit on I began to look fo a pair of shoes, finally setting on a pair of grey ankle boots. I looked over at the time and sighed I was already late my sister was sure to chew me out for my tardiness. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and began to rush down the stairs.

Hoping back in my car I rush to the town hall. The parking lot was packed I parked about a mile away from the entrance groaning I grabbed my phone pulled the keys out of the engine and began to make my way.

My palms began to sweat as I neared closer. I shook my head. I needed to do this I could possibly get kicked out of the pack for not attending the mandatory meeting. Wiping my hands on my jeans I pulled on the door, the cool air flooded out as it opened along with the most wonderful sent of piney wood. I smelled the air closing my eyes and letting the scent lead me.

Opening my eyes again I saw I was in the middle of the isle all eyes on me. I blushed and was quick to take a seat luckily Bethany was there, "Your late!" She whisper yells at me.

"I know I know!" I said back putting my hands to my face.

"You missed him!"

My eye brows furred in confusion.

"Missed Who?" I questioned.

"The alpha! He's hotter than I remember!" I shook my head, "who knows he might just be your mate."

"Bethany stop thinking all these absurd thoughts!" My attention was then brought back to our beta.

Picture of Zaria up top. Early update. I'm probably gonna keep on updating everyday until I get to chapter five.