Chapter 35

•————————•
Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever.
•——————————•

I cursed under my breathe and walked to Oliver pushing him back my hands on his chest. He was making a scene and I really couldn't afford for a scene to break out right now. Not with everything going on, "Oliver chill," Lily took my spot putting her hands on his chest holding him back for me.

"What's going on?" Vanessa walked over everyone had noticed the commotion by now.

"He's just hot headed," Lily spoke with her teeth gritted from constraining Oliver.

"Workouts over everyones free to go!" The beta released everyone, "I'm sorry for the disrespect. I'm sure he didn't mean to hit her," the beta tried to compensate for Zach's punching me in the face. In all honesty he looked scared.

"What who hit who?" My sister looked around at everyone confused. I shook my head.

"I need to shift," I spoke walking in the opposite direction of the commotion.

"The Forest is quite big and there's a mountain on the west side of the pack! It has a nice stream!" The beta yelled after me. I didn't bother responding back but began to walk faster.

Stop walking away from your problems. Nina came into my thoughts.

Leave me alone.

You can't only think about yourself, Zaria. I shook my head. Hearing footsteps behind me I quicken my pace.

"Zaria wait!" My sister grabbed my wrist. I yanked away from her and continue walking, "what's going on?! Tell me the truth! What the fuck is going on?!"

I shake my head.

"What's going on? What's going on?! I'll tell you what's going on, the fact that you are always in the way! I can't be with my mate, because you; your right there! I can't be happy because I want you to be happy," I shake my head and my eyes fill with tears as I turn to look at her.

"Zaria what are you talking about?" She walked closer to me.

"I'm talking about," I paused and tangled my fingers through my hair, "Oliver."

"What about Oliver?"

I shook my head and tears streamed down my eyes, "Oliver is my mate."

Her mouth fell open and she took a few steps back, "He's- He's your mate?" I nodded my head and wiped my face with the inside of my shirt, "um well congratulations," she didn't say anything else. Just turned and started to walk away.

"Vanessa," she stopped, "I'm sorry. I didn't want it to turn out like this. I just can't anymore." Tears threaten to fall.

"Zaria," she looked back over shoulder, "it was always destined to be like this. We were screwed from the very beginning," she shifted and ran in the opposite direction.

I shook my head and began to sob. This can't be happening not now not here. Why does the Moongodess have it out for me? What have I done to her to make her this angery at me?

She's not mad at you Zaria, she's just trying to bless you with a gift.

I shook my head and fell back  a few steps, unable to see with my blurred vision, unable to see through the tears, I slid down a tree and brought my knees to my chest. Bless me with a Gift? I said back to Nina what gift? The gift of being an orphan? The gift of having my sister hate me for taking her love interest? I couldn't help but snap back.