Chapter 5

•————————•
After all soul mates always end up together .
•——————————-•

"ID?" I asked the surly underage kid. He looks around for a second then leans on the counter closer to me.

"Well you see I seem to have left my ID at home," he looked at me with big eyes.

I sighed.

"No ID no alcohol sorry kid now run along," Jenna my co-worker walks up behind me. The guy groans and walks away from the bar, "don't be a push over Zaria."

I nodded my head as she took someone else's order. It's quite a busy night to be a Thursday. I most of all hated Working nights. Eighteen year olds who think they're old enough to buy beer and liquor try to pass fake IDs by me and drunk guys attempted to hit on me.

Out of all jobs I have no clue why or how I got the job of a bartender. An illegal one at that. Me being only nineteen and the official age to serve any alcoholic beverages is twenty-one. It's ok though as long as no one finds out my age we're all good.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as Bethany walks up with a group of people.

"What's up girly?" I asked leaning on the counter.

"Just another boring night here."

I nod my head, "Same here."

She smiles," Can you hook us up."

I shake my head, "Got an ID?" I looked over the group.

"I do," a guy in the back stepped up.

"Anybody got a real ID?" I asked again.

"This is a real ID," the guy pulled an ID out of his coat pocket. I took the ID and it was pretty legit except for a seal that was supposed to be in the corner but wasn't.

I smirked, "This is as real as Kylie Jenner's lips. Or her butt whatever she has."

He smirked.

"Aiden she's too smart for you give it up," Bethany tapped on his shoulder.

"Let me try again," he pulls out a wad of cash," I'll pay double," the group cheered and I rolled my eyes.

I slammed my hands on the counter, "I don't need your money and even if I did, valid ID please?" I said getting closer to him. You could hear the frustration in my voice.

"Z where is this spunk coming from?" Bethany asked from beside the guy who's name is Aiden.

"It's not spunk it's frustration because your friend is trying to bribe me!" Aiden held my stare. Finally I turned around Giving in, "you know what whatever what do y'all want?" Everyone cheered in unison and gave me their order. I made six drinks in total, "don't come back and you didn't get those from me!" I shouted after them.

"Thanks V see you later!"

"I mean it Bethany!" I shouted after her as the music began to drain the chatter of the people out.

I sat behind the bar and watched all the people dance to the rhythm of the music. Today a Dj played and everyone was loving him. The bar is pretty big, yet there is almost no moving room on the dance floor and it's a Thursday night. The bars door open and my attention is on who walked through the door. My sister.

I stair her down. Tonight she's wearing a skin tight red dress with a low V dip and gold pumps. Her hair is curled and flawless as always. Her eyes meet mine for a split second. Friends follow behind her like lost puppies. I shake my head and bring my attention to the customer who just walked up to the bar.

After making four drinks Bethany walks up her group no where in sight, "what's up B?" I asked.

"Rumor has it the alpha is coming to the club tonight. All the minors that were drinking split. Which leaves me," she sighed and took a seat in front of me.

I started mixing another drink.

"Shouldn't you go home also? You have school tomorrow," I finished mixing the drink and put it in a glass handing it to the customer.

"Where's the fun in that?" She asked.

"Where does your mom think you are?"

"The library."

I laugh, "She still buys your lies?"

"Yes, I AM A CHILD OF GOD!"

I burst out laughing, "Whatever floats your boat, hun."

She rolls her eyes and laughs, "Did you see who is sitting in the corner over there?"

I nod my head. She's talking about my sister. I caught her up on our drama.

"Yup seen her as soon as she walked in it's kind of hard to miss her."

Bethany nods her head, when all of a sudden everyone becomes silent and all is hear is the loud music from the DJ. Seconds later everything goes back to normal, but the scent of fresh pine floats my way. I curse under my breath.

"Jenna is it ok if I leave early?" I turned around and asked desperately wanting to leave the club.

"Yes, see who just walked in? Don't wanna get in trouble for letting you work here your free to go."

I nod my head and go to the back room and clock out. Walking around the bar I frantically look around, "what's wrong?" Bethany stood next to me.

My palms began to sweat as I balled my fists at my side.

"Nothing, do you have your car? I ran here."

She nods her head, "Yes it's parked out front."

"Can you give me a ride home?"

"Of course!"

"Okay ready to leave then?"

She nods her head, "Ok let's go," Bethany starts walking forward towards the mass of people. My hands begin to sweat even more as we walk forward. The room seems to be caving in and I feel like everyone is staring me down even though their attention isn't on me even in the slightest bit.

I quickly try to get through the crowd of people and away from the delightful smell. As Im almost to the door a hand grabs my wrist and sparks explode up my arm. I'm pulled back, I shut my eyes tight. Taking in deep breath I begin to hyperventilate as I try to shake the hand off my wrist.

The hand travels up my arm and to my elbow. The person pulls me into their chest, "it's you," He whispers by my ear, I could feel The hotness of their breath on the nape of my neck, "open your eyes," he commanded I shook my head.

In one quick swift move I moved out of his grip and dashed out his door and to Bethany's car," what took-"

"Go!"

Bethany freaked out at my state but did as told and started the car pulling out of the parking lot full speed.

I looked in the rear view mirrors as we retreated to see his shadowy figure.

Ahhhhh I post this chapter as a 16 year old !!!!