Chapter 6

•—————————•
I don't know what's killing me more; talking to you or not texting to you .
•————————————•

I finally found her. After I lost my first mate Emily I thought I was done for; I had been looking for death at every corner, but then it never came. I was still breathing while she laid six feet under I couldn't cope. The only hope I had was finding my second chance, and I thought I had found her.

Vanessa. She's gorgeous and doesn't seem to have a bad bone in her body. A spotlight shines on her when she walks in a crowd. Vanessa is everything a Luna should be, and her sweet scent of strawberries and vanilla made me go crazy. Just as Emily's warm scent of cinnamon and honey did, but it turns out I Was wrong.

My real mate keeps running away from me. Every time I come close she just seems to disappear without a trace. I've come to the conclusion that Vanessa has some kind of relation with the girl, I don't even know her name, my real Mate.

I groaned and slammed my fists down on my desk. Kyle walked in as I did so, "sexually frustrated?"

I shook my head, "How you still seem to smile with all going on amazes me."

Kyle shrugs, "Everything happens for a reason," he sits down on a chair in front of me, "Your not planning a trip on leaving again, so I assume you either found her or you're giving up?" I groan and throw my head back, "soar subject?"

"Tell me this, I'd been looking all over the world for my mate and she's been here the entire time, but now I can't differentiate between the two," I rake a few fingers through my finger through my hair.

Kyle sits up in his chair, "What? You actually found her? Who is she?"

I sat up and shook my head, "I don't know every time we come close she runs away."

His eyebrows raise, "So it's not that Vanessa chick?"

"At first I thought she was. Her sent was just so appealing but her touch, no sparks," I groaned.

"And the other girl?"

"I have no clue who she is. I just know she's in the pack, and has brown hair. I ran into her in the forest and again at the bar the other day." I put my head in my hands looking down.

"You want my advice?" I looked up nodded then put my face back in my hands, "do you want to find the girl or have you fallen for Vanessa?"

"I want the girl, I want my Mate of course," I sat up.

"Well my friend I have the perfect idea, we're throwing a ball."

I scrunched my eye brows, "What the hell does a ball have to do with anything?"

"Well we could have another pack meeting, but that would be useless, because we have no new information, so we host a ball. She's surly to show up to the ball being a pack member and all," his thought process makes sense, so I go along with it.

"That would be selfish though, with Leann's condition and all."

Kyle stands up, "You let me worry about Leann. You just need to worry about the mystery girl and plan the perfect ball. I'm think the theme should be black and white."

Not listening I began to think of finding her there, "Ok ok, fine."

Kyle turns around, "I'll leave you to it then."

I watched his retreating figure. Thinking for a few minutes after he left I picked up the office phone, "Hello, yes. I'd like you to plan the perfect black and white ball. You can choose the date and where we have it just make it within a months time."

Minutes later I hang up with the party planner. She's organizing everything, now let's just hope she shows up. I stand take my coat off the back of my seat, grab my personal phone, and walk out the office.

Going to the garage I pull out my car keys to unlock my car. After opening the door I hold down the break and press the start. I was going to be late to pick up Vanessa.

I sped down the road with the windows down. The urge to let my head hang out the window crept in. I shook my head and pulled up to Vanessa's house. She lives with her aunt and her sister after the tragic incident that killed both of her parents. From what she told, which was a lot, her sister is 19 and works at a bar in town.

I stepped out my car and looked at the two in the driveway. A two door silver burner Toyota, and a purple Jeep. A purple Jeep that looked oddly familiar. I walked up to the front door and knocked twice.

Luckily Vanessa opened the door, "I'm leaving!" She shouted over her shoulder then smiled over to me. I matched her smile.

"Ready to go love?"

I gave her my arm and she gladly took it as I walked her to the car and opened the door for her.

Short chapter but Oliver up above. Here's an early update happy thanksgiving guys!!