Chapter 9

•———————-•
Friend
(Noun)
One who listens,
Doesn't judge, and Somehow makes everything all right.
•——————————•

The sun didn't last long. She stayed out for two more days, but once the weekend hit she disappeared and the mist came back. I wasn't really complaining, but I loved the feeling of the warm sun on my skin.

"Zaria wake up! We're going shopping!" Bethany barged in to my room. I sat at my desk doing this weeks worth of school work.

"I'm not asleep and I don't want to go shopping," she looked over at me with a huge grin.

"Would you like to do this the hard way or easy way," I didn't say anything, "hard way it is. VANESSA!"

         Next thing you know I'm at the mall groaning, "why am I even here?" I questioned my sister and Bethany.

"We're getting a dress for the ball. Bethany I wish you the best of luck. See y'all later," my sister takes off in the opposite direction of us.

"I'm not going to the ball," I state. Not that Bethany was listening to me as she drug me into Dillard's.

I proceeded to groan as she went through each formal dress they had and she would grab the ones that would look good on her and I. We ended up with ten dresses each.

"B I'm not trying on all of these," she looked me dead in the eyes, "I swear if you shout Vanessa and she pops out from somewhere we're going to have a problem," I karate chopped the air.

"Z I swear your paranoid, now your trying on the dresses," she said with a laugh.

I didn't want to try and argue with her so I just did as she said, an hour and ten dress later we walk out of Dillard's. Bethany found her dress but I sadly didn't find mine.

B's dress is a white satin off the shoulder piece. On the waist line laid a belt made of diamonds. All in all it's stunning.

"Ok we found you a dress can we go home now?" I asked her pleadingly. She shook her head.

"No, I still need shoes and you still need a dress and shoes. We're gonna go to forever 21."

I groan. Why do I have to be friends with someone who loves to shop and be social!

In forever 21 Bethany made me look at the dresses while she browsed through the shoes. Why we can't online shop I have no clue, but I browsed through the dresses. I secretly feared my friend. Oh the things she is capable of!

Going through the dresses of every shade of color, every length, and every design I finally found the perfect one for me. A simple yet elegant red number with spaghetti straps and a V cut that didn't go to low. The red would bring out my tan skin.

"Bethany I found my dress," I sang grabbing the dress, taking it off the rack.

"That's great! Sadly I didn't find my shoes."

I groaned, "Does this mean another store we have to stop in?" She nods her head, "Let's go pay for the dress,"

I sighed.

"$119 down the drain on a dress I'll only wear once!"

Bethany held me as I cried about the lost money, "it's worth it hun your gonna look drop dead gorgeous!" She pep talked me as we walked out the store I shook my head.

"I'm going to be in debt by the time we leave this mall."

Bethany nods her head, "Probably," the next store we stopped in sold nothing but high end pricy shoes. I looked at all the shoes in awe, "I have most of theses," Bethany groaned in frustration as I looked over at her.

"Can I just borrow a pair of shoes from you then?"

She shook her head, "You need your own pair. Go look see if anything catches your eye!"

I rolled my eyes and walked around the store. All of the shoes smelled like money, but a pair of shoes caught my eye. They're black ballerina slippers that laced up.

"Bethany I want these!" I screech picking up the flats and holding them in awe. She makes her way to me and eyes the shoes.

"Those are flats hun, you need heels. They'll make your legs appear longer,"

I narrow my eyes at her, "My dress is long though," I held the dress that was wrapped with plastic in front of me and held the slippers to the dress.

"What about those?" Bethany asked pointing across the isle where a pair of heels laid they looked almost like the ballerina slippers but in heel form. She walked over and asked the shoe attendee to bring out my size. I sighed as I realized I would not be getting the ballerina slippers.

Putting them back I waked over to Bethany and the shoe attendee. Trying on the pair of heels that they had I attempted to walk up and down the isle, "great we'll take them!"

Looks like I'll be going barefoot to the ball I didn't want to go to in the first place! Sighing I paid for the shoes. We walked out the store shoes and dress in hand.

Sorry for the late update I'm having a mental breakdown about school. It's all good though because I remembered to update! Sorry it's short! :)