Chapter 19

•——————————•
Ever had a memory that sneaks out of your eye and rolls down your cheek?
•——————————•

"Zaria, hun, will you speak to me?" I shook my head and Bethany sighed, "Zaria I'm worried about you. You've been here for the past four days and people are starting to wonder where you've disappeared to."

"Bethany no one cares about me," I took the blanket and pulled it up and over my head.

"Zaria! How could you say such a thing!? Your aunt and sister love you dearly and so do I," I shook my head she sat next to me on her bed, "do you wanna talk about it? Talk about what happened?"

I shook my head, "it hurts to much," tears began to form and I forcibly wiped them away.

"Hun, you can tell me anything you know. Can you at least eat something for me?"

I shook my head, "I'm just going to throw it back up," I burrowed myself in the blankets. She sighed. Getting up she left me to wallow in my feelings.

I didn't get to wallow for long before the doorbell rang through out the whole house. I groaned as I heard voices downstairs.

"Where is she?"

"Upstairs."

"Thanks for calling me."

I wanted to cry as the person bursted through the bedroom door.

"Zaria what the hell! We have been worried sick about you!" My sister stormed in the room and proceeded to yell at me.

I rolled my eyes and rolled over so I didn't have to face her. She reacted by throwing the blanket off of me.

"Let's go we're leaving," I shook my head unable to speak. My throat is dry and scratchy all of a sudden, "Let's go!" She pulled me up so quick I didn't have the strength to muster it the world went dark.

"Beep. . . Beep. . . Beep. . . " I groaned. I brought my hand to my forehead and winced. What the? I slowly opened my eyes. The room is dark the lights must be turned off. However the all white walls are still evident. I blinked once then blinked again.

Where am I? I looked to my side no one there. I looked to my other side and see all the hospital equipment. I shake my head. Why am I in the hospital?

"Everyone's in the waiting room, if you would like them to come in?" I looked towards the door surprised by who is sanding there. He walked fully inside, "you missed the funeral I got worried. You wouldn't answer my calls or texts. You had just disappeared your good at that," he touched my cheek and I flinched, "did I do something wrong?"

My eyes widened is he really going to play me like this? I looked away from him refusing to speak, "alpha, I thinks it's best you leave," Bethany stood at the door taking in our situation. I looked past Oliver and at my best friend. Oliver also turned to stare at her.

"Your the best friend, I'm assuming you know?"

She nods her head and walks towards me, "You are the reason she's here, aren't you?"

I gulped at how blunt my friend is.

"I beg your pardon?" Oliver looked taken aback and I wanted to face palm.

"I can put two and two together. I'm not stupid alpha. Four days ago she went to the pack house to see you after you had left her, came back a few hours later and she was devastated. She won't tell me what she saw, but I'm guessing a certain blonde was involved."

Oliver looked to be thinking something over then it seemed to click and he looked back at me, but I couldn't look at him.

"You saw me and your sister. She had offered to help me plan the funeral I swear it was nothing else."

I shook my head.

"Like I said before, with all respect, I think it's best you leave," I silently thanked my best friend. Oliver got up and with one last look at me he stormed out. Bethany shut the door behind him and let out a breathe, "do you know how much guts that took. I feel like I'm going to pass out!" She nervously laughed and took a few deep breaths.

"Thank you," my voice came out raspy and inaudible.

"Let me get you a glass of water," Bethany poured me some water and handed me the glass. I hungrily took a large sip of water and cringed as it stung going down.

"Mrs. Everdarling your awake!" The doctor walked inside the room, "I thought we were through with our visits Zaria."

I shrank under his glaze, "I guess not," I whispered. He took this time to look at his clip board.

"If you were a human Mrs. Everdarling you would be dead. This is no longer a joking manner. Relapses happens. We can put you back on your medi-"

I shook my head, "I don't want to be put back on the medication they make me feel dead and I can't do anything on them they're so strong!" I began to protest.

"A month, that's all just to get you back up running," I shook my head, "fine then a week at the end of the week you will come and visit me and we'll see from there."

I sigh, "What are you prescribing this time?"

"Antidepressants, anxiety medication, and something to increase your appetite," I sigh, "would you like to sign the papers or should I phone your sister?"

"I can sign the papers I'm 19 and fully capable."

He nods his head, "Ok I want to keep you over night just to monitor you," I nod my head. The doctor walks out and Bethany stares me down.

"Zaria, tell me what happened for real."

I shake my head, "You already know what happened."

"No I assume I know what happened I don't actually know."

I shake my head, "I saw him and my sister in his office. Nose to nose, I didn't stay for explanation I freaked."

"I'm sorry Z. If it makes you feel any better I'm probably going to have extra workouts for talking back to the alpha."

I laughed, "No that doesn't make me feel better. A week of pure torture is about to happen."

She shook her head, "It's just a week on the medication, your strong you spent years on it a week hopefully won't hurt, and I'll keep you company."

I smile, "Thanks B, I won't be much company though," I weakly smile at her as she takes her hand in mine.