Chapter 25

•—————————-•
Sometimes an unexpected turn in life leads to the biggest blessings.
•———————————-•

"Today's the pack meeting," Bethany reminds me as she hops in my car.

"Don't remind me," I haven't seen Oliver since the incident and that was a week ago.

"Come on Z you can't avoid him forever. He's your mate."

I shook my head and started my car? "I can sure try though," I started off towards my house.

"Z be realistic you can't he's the alpha," Bethany bugged me the whole ride over and now she continues to bug me now. I shut off the car and walk inside ignoring her.

"Zaria honey, please don't be late today, like last time," my aunt greets me when I walk inside.

" I won't Aunty."

She smiled, "Ok good, also make your presentable wear something formal, but not to formal."

I roll my eyes, "I don't have anyone to impress though aunty."

"Don't do it for other do it for yourself, Bethany I didn't see you there! Hey hon!"

Bethany walks in grumbling under her breathe, "Hey momma D!" She treated my aunt like her mom which Dorothy absolutely loved.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm making snacks, so come down in an hour to eat before we leave."

I nod my head, "Yes ma'am," walking upstairs I hear Bethany grumbling under her breathe again. I shake my head and laugh.

"Why can't you just listen to me for once?" Bethany shuts the door and attempts to get me to listen to her. I shrug my shoulder.

"It's not as simple as you think B," I walk into my closet and pull out my high waisted black and white plaid plants along with an off the shoulder black top that had buttons going down the middle.

"It is that simple though. You don't see how luck you are!" I hear her plop down on my bed.

"I'm not lucky B. If anything I'm unlucky," I yell from my closet. I change and grab my white converse.

"Fine fine fine whatever," she gets up, "I'm borrowing an outfit. If I go home my mother will make me stay."

I nod my head.

           An hour later we're all fed and make our way to town hall. Bethany, Aunt Dorothy, and I take a seat in the back, "where is everyone?" I questioned.

"Well honey tonight is a full moon, some of the girls will be going through heat as soon as the sun sets. God knows the poor girls need all the help they can get. I don't know why they won't just mate with their mates though. Beats me."

Bethany and I looked at each other as my aunt rambled on.

The sun sets thirty minutes after the meeting. The meetings are usually two hours long fuck, "we are going to go to the bathroom, be right back!" Bethany pulls me up and we rush to the bathroom. Only to bump into Vanessa.

"Hey girls, what are y'all doing?" And of course right by her side is Oliver. I swear they're fucking joint at the hip now a days. I bite back the urge to growl.

"Going to the bathroom," Bethany answered. Oliver looked quite surprised to see me.

"Oh ok hurry back," Vanessa walked off, but Oliver lingered behind. Ignoring him Bethany pulled me outside.

"Zaria what are you going to do?"

"I have no clue I'm freaking out!" I tangled my fingers in my hair.

"Zaria, what were you thinking?" Oliver joins us out side. I haven't spoken directly to him in a while. I just shake me head.

"I wasn't," I groan and slap my face. I should've never acknowledged him. He grabbed me by the wrist and began dragging me away from the hall. Sparks exploded through my entire body at the touch. Why did I have to hate it so much?

People that were walking in looked at us curiously, "stop it. Your cause people to stare!" I scolded Oliver and yanked my wrist away from him. Nina growled at me. She loved being touched by her mate. Our mate? Whatever.

"I don't care if people are starring you have twenty minutes to get out of here before the sun goes down," he said through gritted teeth. He clenched his jaw so hard I don't know how he even talked through them. I frowned and brought my hand up to his cheek by instinct. He eased into my touch.

Why don't I have control over my own body? I dropped my hand, "I'm leaving now," I spoke softly. Bethany stood behind me watching the scene.

"I'm going with you."

I shook my head, "You can't be nowhere near me for the next three days, especially on how you acted last week."

He growled slightly as we began walking to my car, "That was not me," he defended hisself, "It was Alex," I hate to admit it, but Alex scared me, so did a mad Oliver.

"You are your wolf," I unlocked my car, "and you're also with my sister," I reminded myself.

"I'm not with your sister!" He growled and it shook my car. He sure is an alpha all right. I rolled my eyes and got inside the Jeep, "now your just going to ignore me?" He grabbed my door before I could shut it, "Zaria you can't keep on doing this. Your my mate, and the pack needs a Luna." The way he said my name had me memorized I stopped in place, until he began to speak gain.

Luna, that's my place in the pack. Not as another helpful hand being a teacher, but as Luna, "and what if I don't want that role? Have you ever thought about that Oliver? Have you ever once through about me? What I want?"

He sighed and let my door go. I shut it started the car and rolled down the window, "Of course I've considered your feeling. I think about nothing, but you."

"Then why are you trying to force me to be someone who I am not?"

His hand gently touched my cheek and he leaned up against the door of my Jeep, "You choose me, that night I gave a you a choice, and I thought you knew what you were getting into when you picked me instead of walking away. Did you not?"

I shook my head tears rimmed my eyes. I did choose him, but did I choose the alpha him or the normal him who seemed loving and caring?

"I choose you, not your title, and for that you went right back around and choose my sister. Y-you choose her over me," My eyes opened wider, trying to prevent the tears from falling down.

He withdrew his hand, "Zaria I never," He was at lose for words. Bethany cleared her throat from behind us.

"Ten minutes till sundown, and the pack meeting started twenty minutes ago,"she reminded us that we're short on time.

"I never once choose your sister over you," He spoked in a rush looking behind him. I sucked up my tear not wanting them to fall.

"You did I saw you two."

His head snapped back at me and realization hit him, "You saw us, when?" He was just going to come up with a lie.

"The day after we met in your office."

His eyes sparkled, "Whatever you saw wasn't real. She made a move on me. If you witnessed the whole scene you would have seen me push her off of me."

My eyes widened., "No."

he nodded his head yes and he smiled, "Zaria your the only one for me," he then smashed his lips into mine and our lips fell in sync.

Ok so the time is kind of weird. It has been three months since the start of the book.

I THOUGHT TODAY WAS TUESDAY ! Sorry for the late update guys !