Chapter 15

Rolling over on my stomach I feel the cold side of the bed. Shuffling some more I pry my eyes open. Sitting up seconds later I realize the bed is empty. Frowning I run my fingers through my hair then throw my feet over the side of the bed.

My bare feet land on the cold wooden floor, I shiver wondering why he left. Maybe he's in another part of the house? I pull the long sleeve shirt closer to my body as I roam throughout the small cabin. He really did leave. I sigh.

It was to good to be true anyway. I didn't bother grabbing my stuff or putting on shoes as I walked out the door and into the sunny day. I looked up at the sun and frowned, "Why are you so happy on this gloomy day," I whispered.

Shaking my head I began to walk through the woods. I know I must've looked crazy, messed up makeup, crazy hair, and wearing a guys oversized button as a dress. Id never done the walk of shame before, but there's a first time for everything.

Rushing threw the woods I finally came upon the pack. I hid from prying eyes as I made my way home. My luck continued to fail me as the door is locked and no one seemed to be home. I groaned and bang my head against the door.

All I wanted to do was go in and cry in bed. I could call someone to open the door for me, I smiled at the idea and reached in my pocket for my phone. Coming short I realize I had no clue where my phone is. Groaning tears threaten to fall.

God why am I such a cry baby! Sucking it up I had come up with an idea. I'll walk to Bethany's house, even though I'm mad at her for last night, and use her phone. Maybe even get a change of clothes.

Using my werewolf speed I go as fast as I can to get to Bethany's. Knocking on her door I hoped she's home. The door slowly opened revealing a disheveled Bethany. She leaned on the door and looked up at me starting for a second.

Then she seems to sober up, "oh my gosh, Zaria! Where have you been? Your sister called me last night looking for you because you weren't home!"

I scratched the back of my neck as she moves to the side to let me in.
"Well you see," I began. Or attempted to start.

"Wait, what are you wearing, oh my moon goddess! Z!" She dragged me up the stairs to her room Almost popping my shoulder out of its socket. She slammed the door shut behind us and turned to face me with wide eyes, "tell me everything!"

"I was trying to before you flipped," I sat on her bed criss cross applesauce.

"Well continue on."

I rolled my eyes, "So last night at the ball I might've met my mate," she gasped, "I've almost met him a few other time but I ran away-"

Bethany screeched, "Zaria why didn't you tell me?! Who is he?! What's his name?! Does he have a high ranking?! What's his blo-"

I stopped her mid sentence by putting my hand over her mouth, "Bethany, I swear I'll answer all your questions but one at a time, and maybe not that last one."

She nods her head and I remove my hands, "Ok ok, how did you finally meet him? Wait wait, what other times did you meet him?"

I rolled my eyes, "I first met him while I was taking a run, he was in human form looking over the edge of a cliff, and the other time he was at the club. That's why I was so hysterical getting into your car that day."

She shook her head, "Awe hun I'm sorry I didn't realize," I shook my head and she wrapped her arms around my small frame, "what about what happened last night?"

"Last night was not supposed to happen, Nina over powered me took control. I've never seen her so strong! She practically waltzed right up to him!"

Bethany laughed, "That's my girl!" I shook my head, "final question is who is he?"

I shook my head, "You won't believe me if I told you."

She rolled her eyes, "Try me."

I took a deep breathe. Once I speak his name there is no going back she's going to push me towards him alpha or not.

"Oliver," I spoke my voice was barley over a whisper.

"Who?"

I shook my head. How doesn't she know the name of her own alpha?

"Ugh, our freakin alpha!" I brought my knees to my chest as Bethany practically erupted.

"OH MY FUCKING MOON GODDESS YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME, BUT WHY WOULD YOU KID ABOUT SOMETHING LKE THIS?!"

I cover my ears, "I know right," when I spoke she stopped yelling and looked over at me.

"Wait, why are you here?"

I shook my head, "Because I'm locked out my house."

"No, like why aren't you with him," she threw her arms up in the air.

I tangled my hands in my hair, "I woke up this morning by myself so I just kind of left."

Her eyes all but popped out of their sockets, "He's going to be pissed when your not there, what were you thinking?!"

"He's not going to be mad he choose to leave."

She shook her head, "Zaria, the Betas mate died last night."

My eyes widened. He didn't just leave me he had a reason.

"No."

"Yes, She was rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night and was pronounced dead early this morning. The whole packs in mourning."

I gripped my hair, "I'm such a bitch. How could I not read the mood?"

"The pack doesn't seem like it's in mourning like the mood is kind of off, but, wait, Dude what are you still doing here? Go to him, you dumbass!"

I shook my head, "I don't have the courage to face him," my voice was muffled by my arms.

Bethany shuffles around her closet and threw some clothes at me. I uncover my face and looked at the clothes.

She pulled out one of her white champion shirts with the blue and red lettering, and a pair of ripped high waisted washed blue jeans, "get dressed looser we're going for ice cream."

I roll my eyes at her lie, "I don't want to!" I throw myself down on her bed.

"I will dress you myself if I have to."

Groaning, I slipped into the jeans and put the shirt on. The jeans fit a bit tight and the shirt was a bit big.

"The pants have rips in all the wrong places!" I stood up and walked to the mirror. The pants highlighted my curves and were ripped all up the thighs. Bethany rolled her eyes and bent down to fold the ends of the jeans.

"They're fine you look hot!" She walks back into her closet and comes back out with her checkered vans and a pair of white nike socks, "put these on."

I did as told then she forcibly got me into the car. It took us minutes to reach the pack house. My heart pounds in my chest as we pass each block getting nearer and nearer. We finally parked in front of the mansion. I was on the brink of a panic attack.

"Zaria, calm down. There is no need to be scared or panicky. You did nothing wrong, now go get loved boy!"

I shook my head and looked at her, "Please don't make me," I plead with my water eyes, all she did was wipe my face with a makeup wipe them told me to get out of her car.

I got out her car and she made a shew motion with her hands. I 'humphed' and made my way inside. As opened the front door the whole house seemed to be deserted. Where was I supposed to go now?

Happy New Year's Eve!