Chapter 23

•—————————-•
If I had one wish you'd stay forever.
•——————————-•

"This is the greatest show," Kyle marbled over the show we were watching, Lucifer.

"Isn't it great?"

He nods his head eagerly.

Here we are on a Friday evening watching Netflix, and eating junk food on my couch. Kyle is great he's the big brother I've always wanted. He also cooks the popcorn just right and adds extra butter making it taste like movie theater popcorn.

My feet were laying across his lap and my back rested on a pillow. I had already seen the series, so every once in a while he slapped my legs wanting to know what was going to happening next, which I just replied with wait and watch.

As he continued on to episode five season one, I started to doze off. Only to be startled awake by the front door being jiggled open. I popped my head up from the couch to see who is here.

"I'll only be a second you can wait in the living room," Vanessa walked in Oliver in trail. I stiffened up. Adverting my attention I look over at Kyle who didn't even seem to notice anyone was here. I laughed at his obliviousness.

He only noticed someone was here when Oliver made his presence known by a low grumbling growl, "Oliver, Hey dude when did you get here?" Kyle broke his attention away from the TV and turned his head towards the door. I grabbed the remote and pressed pause.

"Vanessa has to grab something," he spit the words out like bile in his mouth. I looked down and started to fiddle with my hands.

"While you wait check out this show. Zaria introduces it to me and it's great! It's about the human gods!" Kyle couldn't sense the tension bubbling in the air as he babbled on about the show. I looked at him laughing, "What it's a good show!" Kyle playfully slapped my shoulder.

"Ok lets go," Vanessa ran back down with a duffle bag.

"Where are y'all going?" Kyle asked. Oliver seemed to be ignoring him as he got up and walked to the door.

"We're going for a run," Vanessa replied.

"Oh that sounds nice," Kyle looked back at me, "wanna join them? We've been sitting in front of the tv all day."

"I don't know."

He stood up, "Come on let's go it'll be fun."

I sighed and let him pull me up, "Fine, I'm driving though. I wanna get there in one piece."

"My driving isn't that bad!"

"You dove without using your hands!"

He shrugged, "I'm just that good," I rolled my eyes. The front door slammed shut, "oh let's go. We're probably irritating Oliver, because we're interrupting his date," Kyle laughed as did I.

On the inside though I was breaking to pieces. I ran upstairs to grab my duffel bag then ran back down keys in hand, "let's go," I smiled at Kyle as he opened the door for me.

To my surprise Vanessa was still in the driveway, "get in losers," she called out to us. I questioningly looked at her. Kyle shrugged and hopped in the back seat as did I. Oliver wasn't in the passengers seat, "Oliver went off ahead."

Vanessa answered my question. We arrived at my favorite park a bit later. We all hopped out the car. Using our sense of smell we found Oliver already in wolf form.

I opened my mouth in awe. His fur is golden brown, his eyes are now a golden color with specials of chocolate brow, and he's huge. I stand at 5"5 in human form and he comes up to my eyes.

"Close your mouth before a fly lands in there," Kyle teases me.

I roll my eyes and hit his arm, "Whatever!" Oliver's wolf brushes up against my leg. I jump back and let out a small shriek at the electricity produced by the touch. It seems to have intensified.

"Chill sister he won't hurt you," Vanessa already began to stop behind a bush. I shook my head and set off to find a place to strip also.

"I never asked you because I knew it wasn't any of my business, but what's the deal with you and Oliver?" Kyle asked from behind me. I shook my head.

"It's complicated."

"It's only complicated if you make it complicated."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Ok All knowing."

He laughed with me.

I don't know why but Kyle and I got along so well. The first time we even met something just clicked, like he was my guardian angel. I didn't bother to fight it I needed a new friend a change.

We both went behind separate hiding spots stripped and shift. After doing so we met. Of course he was bigger than me with his beta blood. His fur was charcoal colored and his eyes were a piercing blue. I awed at his beautiful wolf.

Nina scolded me for doing so.

Nicholas meet Zaria. Kyle introduces his wolf to me. Due to Kyle being a beta he has a link with everyone in the pack.

Nina meet Kyle. I spoke back Nicholas licked my face in return. Nina seemed taken about for a second. I took control going into a playful stance.

Sorry about her. She's well Nina.

Kyle replies back. Really? I thought she'd be playful like you. He then took off running I chased after him.

She's not. We met back up with Vanessa and Oliver. Oliver's wolf was on edge and uneasy.

Vanessa's wolf kind of resembles mine. It's chocolate brown, the original color of her hair, with gold streaks and pastel green eyes. Just like her human she's gorgeous.

As for me. I have a normal wolf. Brown fur and brown eyes. Nothing special ordinary even. I sigh at the thought. Why would anyone want somebody as ordinary as me?

In honor of Valentine's Day this goes out to all my loves. It might not be as good as chocolate tho 😭❤️