Chapter 17

•——————————•
Families are like branches on a tree we grow in different directions yet our roots stay the same.
•—————————-•

Two days. That's how long it's been since Leann has died. Since I have seen my mate. Today is the day of the funeral. Vanessa kept her word and planned the whole thing herself.

As for my mate. She seems to have disappeared yet again. Her disappearance agitates me. I wish to see her, but have to entertain my family.

"Mother, has Blair arrived yet?" Blair is the second eldest in the family. She could not arrive on the first day with the rest as for she is a doctor and was attending to a patient.

"She will be here soon honey, relax. Everly has your suit pulled out and ready to be put on. Go get ready," mother attended to Noah the baby of the family.

"Ok mother," I kissed her on the cheek and ruffled Noah's hair. Walking out of the kitchen I go upstairs to my room. The door is wide open and Everly scent lies everywhere. I roll my eyes at my sisters fondness of me.

"Olly! There you are! I have your suit out. The all black one it's ironed, and pressed ready to wear. Go shower you stink."

I roll my eyes at my sister. At the age of 20 she acts like my mother, "Yes, mom."

She slaps me playfully, "Go shower pig."

I wave her off and make my way to my attached bathroom.

When the the bathroom door is shut I turn the nobs on the shower. The water pours down, I then strip and walk into the hot water. Only if the soothing waters could solve all of my problems. I sigh.

The bathroom door opens, "brother you've been so busy over the past few days I haven't been able to have a word with you."

"Could it possibly wait till I'm out of the shower and clothed?" I loved my sister dearly but she has horrid timing.

"No it can not," I heard her open a drew through the semi clear shower door I can see her sit on the bathroom counter, "anyway," the smell of nail polish soon over whelms everything, "have you found your mate yet?"

I groan, "Must we talk about this right now?"

"Stop being complicated it's a simple yes or no answer."

I shake my head, "It's a complicated answer."

"I see. Have you talked to Kyle recently?"

"No, he stays confined in his bedroom."

She snickers, "Are you sure?"

My eyebrows crunch, "What do you know?"

"Apparently something you do not."

I turn off the water and the steam subsides. Opening the door I stick my hand out. Everly hands me my towel to wrap around my waist.

"What do you know sister?" I fully open the door and see Everly blowing on her freshly painted black nails.

"He was sneaking out a girl the day I arrived. A pretty little thing with short brown hair."

My face showed pure confusion, "A girl? His second chance?"

She shrugged her shoulders and hopped off the counter, "Seems that way."

I smiled, "I will not loose my best friend after all!" I triumphed in victory.

"Who's the Vanessa chick?"

I rolled my eyes and opened the door to the bathroom. The steam escaped as I walked into my closet.