Chapter 41

•————————•
"It's impossible!"
Said pride.
"It's risky."
Said experience.
"It's pointless!"
Said reasons.
"Give it a try,"
Whispered the heart.
•————————————•

She tried to mark me as her own. She tried to show the world that I'm hers and she's mine and now she's in the hospital in a coma.

"Oliver why didn't you tell her?" Kyle shouted at me outside her hospital room.

"I wasn't thinking!" I growled back.

He entangled his hands in his hair. Bethany walked out the room and stood by his side.

"Is she going to be ok?"

I looked at her and opened my mouth to speak, but the doctor beat me to the chase.

"Alpha, beta, Crescent, I still have no answer for you on Luna's results. She could wake up today, tomorrow, a month, a year, I don't know. The silver in your blood stream should have killed her instantly, but your mark is what's keeping her alive," I nod my head, "we can let the silver stream it's way out of her system or do a blood transfusion."

"The baby?" I asked. The doctor smiled.

"The fetus is still human. The silver had no effect on it. It's fine. As long as she's alive," I nodded my head in relief.

"How long will it take for the silver to be flushed out of her system?" The doctor looked at her clip board.

"Anywhere from a day to a week hard to say," I looked up at Kyle.

"So we wait," I nod my head at Kyle's words.

"So we wait."

-

Zaria woke up on the second day much earlier than the doctor had previously. She bolted up in haste scaring everyone in the room. Bethany ran to get the doctor while I attempted to keep her calm.

She looked around the room with big glossy eyes, "What-What happened?" She gasped out.

The doctor bursted into the room and smile, "you gave us all quite a scare Luna," Zaria starred at the doctor, "since she's awake I'm assuming all of the silver has been flushed out of her system. She should be fine now," the doctor looked at me while she spoke. I nodded my head.

"Silver?" Zaria asked looking around the room. Bethany stood at the door ushering Kyle out the room. Kyle stood and abide her wishes.

"Oliver has some explaining to do, so we'll let him do that, and see yah later!" Kyle smiled then walked out the room, followed by the doctor.

They all abandoned me. Zaria looked over to me, "Oliver what's going on?" I sighed and stood up sitting going to sit next to her on the hospital bed.

"Your my second mate, did you know that?" My wolf winced in the back of my head. She has to know our story sometime. Zaria slowly nods her head, "do you know how she died?" Zaria again shook her head slowly. No one knew how she died my father and Kyle made sure of that, "she died due to being over exposed to silver, and it was all my fault. I couldn't save her."

Zaria shifted in the bed. I looked up at her and she threw her arms around my neck, "I'm sure it wasn't all your fault," I nodded my head.

"It was. The silver that pumps through my blood is what killed her," Zaria let go and looked at me.

"What?" I nodded my head.

"My entire family has silver pumping through our blood. We built up an immunity to it. That's what makes us stronger," she looked at me not saying anything, "my father urged me to tell Emily so she could also start taking the pills, but in smaller doses," I shook my head, "I should've never even insisted."

"You didn't kill her. The silver did," Zaria smiles at me, "this changes nothing. Even if it did it's to late to go back. Your stuck with me."

I smiled, "Bethany has your gender reveal party all planned out already."

"She's not mad at me?" I shook my head.

"She could never be mad at you. Y'all are best friends," she shrugged. I stood up, "Come on. I bet your free to leave."

"Where are we going?" I picked her up bridal style.

"You'll see."

-

"Oliver I'm speechless," I smiled as she looked up at the house

"Do you like it?" She nods her head.

"I love it!" She turns and hugs me.

"What to go inside?" She eagerly nods her head and we walk forward.

I pull out the key from inside my pocket and unlock the door. It creaks open and she peaks her head inside. First she explores the kitchen, than makes her way upstairs.

"Wow," we walk into our bedroom and she runs her hand against the sheets of the bed, "is that a chandelier?" I nod my head.

"Thought you'd like it."

"I love it!" She turns and opens one of the doors that leads to the bathroom, "ok this is to much!"

I go behind her and hug her, "nothing is ever to much."

She turns and connects her lips with mine, "thank you."

"You haven't even seen the best part of the house yet," I grab her hand and entwine her finger with mine. Dragging her out the room I climb the stair to the third floor, "this floor is purely your own."

Hey eyes widen as she looks all around in awe. Books lined every inch of the wall. It's her own personal library. She jumped into my arms squealing.

"This is the best thing anyone could have ever done for me!" I twirled her around.

"Glad I can make you happy," she looked up at me.

"There's only one thing your missing. The nursery," I smirked.

"Bethany locked me out of the room. She's fixing it up for us. I've already tried sneaking in she changed the locks."

Zaria bursted our laughing, "That's my friend alright."

"Our baby girl will lover her nursery though. I know it," she shook her head.

"You mean boy. He will love the nursery," I shook my head.

"I'm pretty sure it's a girl."

What do y'all think Zaria is having? Baby boy? Or baby girl?

Comment boy names here.

Comment girl names here.