Chapter 24

•———————————•
Sometimes what your looking for comes when your not looking at all.
•——————————————-•

I don't know how they did it. How they stayed away from each other as they do with so much control. I know Zaria and Oliver are mates. Not at first though. I thought Zaria might be my Mate. My second chance.

I've just narrowed it down to someone Zaria hangs out with. That's why I've been spending all this time with her. Hoping to meet her friends, and possibly my second mate. At the same time I want to tick off Oliver.

I want him to explode at the thought of him loosing another mate. I don't agree with him replacing her with her sister. Now that's beyond wrong. Zaria is great! She's caring, fun to be around, and knows some amazing ass tv shows!

For goddess's sake she's what every guy should look for in a girl! He just can't see it though. I'll make him see it one way or another, even if it means getting my ass handed to me.

I park my car in front of the house I've grown so familiar to. It's a Wednesday night and I had convinced Oliver to go out. Not many people go out on the week days, so I thought it'd be the perfect time for him to escape his 'alpha duties'. Little does he know I'm bringing a guest.

Getting out the car I make my way to the door. I nocked twice. Vanessa opened the door. Her hair is in a mess and face is bare. I almost didn't recognize her.

"She's coming," she opened the door and walked away. Zaria came running down the stairs.

"Sorry I'm late. My friend couldn't choose which shoes would match the dress," that's when it hit me the smell. Strawberries and vanilla.

"No it's fine," I looked up the stairs, "is she still here?" I questioned. She gave me an odd glance.

"Bethany? She left out the back door a minute before you got here," Bethany. So that's her name. So angelic.

"Lets go!" I snapped out of my trance with a smile on my face.

"Are you ok? Your acting really weird," she asked as we walked to the car.

"I'm fine just pumped to get my groove on!" I did a little dance in my seat. She laughed.

I pulled out of the driveway then we started the trip to downtown. We sang along to various songs before my phone began to ring through the speakers. I hit the answer button the speaker, "Hey dude, why are you calling me?"

"Alex is acting up he won't let me mind link anyone. Just called to say I don't think I'll be able to make it," I looked over at Zaria who eyed the phone suspiciously.

"What do you mean acting up?"

Oliver groaned, "He's being irritable and fighting me for some reason," a crash is heard in the back ground along with screaming. The line then went blank. I cursed under my breathe.

Making a sharp U turn I go in the opposite direction, "what's going on?"

I shook my head, "Slight change of plans," I raced against time and went fifty over the speed limit which was fifty.

We got to the pack house in a record breaking five minutes. I threw the car door open and rushed inside not bothering to turn of the car or shut the door. The scene that was unfolding before me was chaotic.

A few of the pack guards were trying to restrain Alex. Oliver fought for control. This is going to look bad on him as an alpha. I groaned, Zaria could stop this all. She stood by the door watching the scene unfold.

"Get him out! Now!" I joined the guards and attempted to push him out the front door. He was already trying to shift, "Alex stop fight Oliver or we are going to have to get the silver to restrain you!"

His response back to me was a low grumbling growl. He's not going to listen, mean while Zaria's eyes widened and she step forward. Alex finally took notice and fought against the guards grip some more trying to get to her. I didn't stop her when she continued to walk forward.

I watched the scene unfold from behind me. Alex has thrown the guards off of him and now advanced on Zaria. Alex has finally been able to shift and he circles her. Zaria realizing what she what was happening backed up.

I shook my head as he growls at her. Everly takes this time to walk in, "I left for a few day, and this is what I come back to?"

I grabbed her by her wrist and pulled her to stand in the corner to watch the scene unfold, "Just let it happen," I whispered to her. They didn't seem to notice us either way.

"Why are we creeping in the corner!?" She whisper yelled back.

"I don't wanna leave Zaria here by herself what if he really gets out of control."

She shrugs her shoulders, "The most harm he will do is mark her. It's gonna happens sometime."

I shake my head, "If he does it without her permission she'll never speak to him again. Now shh!" We went to put our eyes back on the bickering couple but to our dismay they were no longer there.

"Where did they go?"

I cursed under my breathe and went to the door, "Zaria probably made a run for it," I looked at the shredded clothes on the ground, "let's go find them, before he does something he regrets."

            Twenty minutes later we find them deep in the forest. Zaria somehow managed to make it up a tree and Alex stood at the base waiting for her to come down. Why are they both being so difficult? But most importantly, how the fuck did Zaria get up the bloody tree in werewolf form?

I shook my head, "get your brother I'll get her."

Everly nodded her head, "Hey doofus, Where's my brother?" Everly approached Alex his eyes flash between colors then fog over. Soon Everly's eyes fog over also. They mind linking each other.

Meanwhile, I approached the tree from the back, hop down and shift, I mind linked Zaria.

No he'll get me. I shook my head.

Trust me. Come down Zaria. She obeys me and jumps off the tree and shifts. I catch Her naked body before she lands on the ground. Shedding my shirt I cover her up. I didn't have time to process the growl heard from behind before I start to run.

I heard Everly tackle her brother yelling at him to calm down before he hurts Zaria or someone else. I however kept on running all the way back to her house.

Alex is acting up . What's gonna happen next ? Is it just a coincidence that Alex is acting up or is something coming ?