Chapter 39

•———————•
Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
•————————-•

Before the attack

"I'm going to die," if Jakes dad doesn't kill me surly this thing inside of me will.

"No your not I won't let that happen," Jake rubs my back as I puke inside the toilet.

"Then get me out of here. My body can't handle being away from Oliver for this long."

Jake shakes his head, "Zaria I truly don't know how to get you out. If my father knew I'd help you get out he'd surly kill me."

"Then come with me. Don't stay here, with all of these monsters," I lean up against the tub for support.

"Like Alpha Oliver would accept me after kidnapping his mate. Trust me if I would have known that you weren't a rouge I would have left you in the woods. I'm sorry Zaria. I truly am."

I shake my head, "You were only doing what you thought was best. I don't blame you. You have a good heart Jake. I just don't understand how that monster can be your father,"

Jake sighed, "He wasn't always a monster," before Jake could elaborate his eyes fogged over showing someone has mind linked him.

When his eyes are clear again he smiled, "what? What is it?" He didn't get to respond before a loud bang was hear shaking the whole house.

"Your pack if fighting back at last," he stood and offered me his hand.

"What do you mean?" I took his hand and he pulled me up.

"They bombed the front entrance," my mouth made an 'O' shape, "my father wants me to lock you in the dungeon and go out and fight."

"Will you?" I question as we walk out the room. People in the pack house scurry all around grabbing their things along with children, and rushing probably to a safe place. It's chaotic.

"Of course not. I'll get you out first. Then I'll fight," I looked at him as he pulled me down the stairs. Another burst was heard shaking the house again. I stumbled and put a hand over my stomach trying to steady myself, "Are you ok?"

I nod my head, "I'm fine. Where is everyone going? Are they going to be ok?"

He nod his head and smiles, "They'll be fine. I trust that your pack won't hurt innocent by standards. Also we have an emergency plan for this type of thing," I nod my head. Of course they do. We walked down the stairs and out the pack house. Everyone moved quick, they are but a blur as they raced away to the safe spot.

"Where are you taking me?"

"I don't know yet. So far you pack has attacked the front gate and blown a hole though our defense on the west side," he was trying to figure out their plan of attack, "do you know what they're doing?" I shake my head.

"My pack is peaceful. For my seven years being there we have never gone to war with another pack."

He looks at me with a questioning look and pulls me behind the house.

"Are you sure? That's not what I heard. I've heard your alpha has quite a temper," another bomb went off shaking the ground yet again, "our east defenses are down," he cursed under his breathe.

"Leave me. I'll find a way out. Go help your pack!" I shoo him away.

"Zaria I can't do that. What if one of my pack members find you?"

I shake my head, "They won't. I'll be safe. I'll find a way to let you know when I have safely made it pack," he gives me a questioning look, "I promise you I'll be fine. Go."

He nods his head then walks away and shifts. I took a deep breathe. Under no circumstances could I fight. But I can do what I do best, run. I peaked out from behind the pack house to see no one. No one was moving anymore. They must have all gotten into hiding.

Zaria, where are you. I heard a voice through mind link. Oliver. He's close. I can feel him.

Go towards Oliver and let him protect me? Or run far away and protect myself? I weighed the options. I couldn't just go into battle and find Oliver, so I opted for the second. Dashing from behind the pack house and go to the south boarder. Jake has told me how to get out from there. Let's just hope I remember how.

I get to the south boarder. No one guards it as I feel around for the loose piece of wood. It takes me a while to find it, but when I do I yank it off. The hole is small, but not small enough as to where I couldn't squeeze through.

"Zaria!" A voice from behind me shouted. I was about to stuff myself through the hole, but stopped in the process turning around. I'd never though I'd be this happy to her.

"Everly," I released a sigh.

"Thank goodness I found you let's go we have to get out here," she grabbed me by my wrist and starts to drag me forward.

"Where are we going?" I asked her she stopped.

"Fuck! We never talk about an extraction plan. I can't just take you though the front gates!" She growls out, "let me just figure this out for a second," I shook my head. Out of all people why did they send her in?

Her eyes fogged over showing she's in a mind link. I frown. How did they not think of an extraction plan? Did they just not have faith that they would get me out? I started to rub my belly loving the comfort of not being alone.

"They're going to come around from the outside. We need to move so they can blow open this side," I nodded my head. Everly grabbed my wrist and we fell back.

I pointed towards a house, "I'm sure it'll be empty. Everyone is taking cover somewhere else," Everly nodded her head and we went towards the small house.

She went in first to make sure it was safe and I followed behind. Once inside Everyoy too the time to fully inspect me, her eyes stopped at my stomach, "Zaria?" She questioned. I nodded my head and my hands around my stomach, "had far Are you?"

"Two months. I think," her eyes widen.

"You think?" I nod my head, "does Oliver know?" I shake my head.

"I found out the day I was kidnapped," he nodded her head. An explosion was heard shaking the house. I brace myself holding onto a chair.

"Let's go they should be outside," I followed Everly out the house.

"We are here to escort y'all back to the pack."

Early update. I'm trying to hurry and finish this book because I have most of the chapter written already.

Last chapter for this 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽 choosing names next chapter .
Comment ship names for Oliver & Zaria
Bethany & Kyle
I will feature the ship name I like most with a chapter shout out and dedication!!

Choose which one is your favorite!! (Also tag the wattpader that came up with the name)
The names people have came up with so far:

Kany (Bethany & Kyle)
Bethyle (Bethany & Kyle)
Byle (Bethany & Kyle)
Kythle (Bethany & Kyle)
Betle (Bethany & Kyle)
Bele (Bethany & Kyle)

Olza (Zaria & Oliver)
Zoliver (Zaria & Oliver)
Olaria (Zaria & Oliver)
Oz (Zaria & Oliver)
Zarver (Oliver & Zaria)
Zarre (Zaria & Oliver)
Zariver (Zaria & Oliver)