Epilogue

"Ok Zaria honey, I'm going to need you to push," I frantically shake my head.

"I-I can't," my tears are masked by the water from the tub, "This was a bad idea. I can't," Oliver squeezes my hand.

"Zaria your doing great," I shake my head at Bethany's words.

"This was your idea! Ahh I can't do this!" It hurts it hurts so much. Why did I think I could do this? Home labor never again.

"Push Zaria," Dr. Kelly instructs me. I shake my head, but do as instructed. I take deep breathes. I squeeze Oliver's hand and look up at him. He's been quiet. Really quiet.

The water to the tub starts running again. I take several deep breathes. Bethany bends down besides me patting my forehead with a cold cloth. I grab her arm.

"I can't do this," my grip on her arm tightens.

"Pull her up!" Dr. Kelly instructs one more push followed by a scream and it's over. Just like that it was over.

A baby laid on my chest. I couldn't help but clutch her close to my chest as tears streamed down my eyes. Towels were stuffed into my arms and placed on the baby.

"She's beautiful," Oliver whispered into my head. Hair cling to my face and water droplets stuck to my eye lashes as I looked up at him.

The baby cried in my arms. The bundle laid on my bare chest. She's so pink. I gently touched her hands that's in a fist with my pointer finger, did I really just bring her into the world?

"What are you going to name her?" Bethany asks pushing Oliver out the way with her eight month belly.

I look down at the new pup then up at Oliver, "Zoey Ayleen Rochelle," Bethany gently touches the top of the child's head.

"Welcome to the world Zoey."

"Ok I need to take the child's measurements, and you must be exhausted," Dr. Kelly reaches down to grab the child, but I growl at her, "Luna, I'm only doing my job."

"I'll help her," Oliver butts in. I let him take the pup that's wrapped in towels. She's been inside of me for mine months of course I'm attached to her.

While they took Zoey's measurements Bethany helped me wash down, get out of the tub, and get dressed. I walked into the room just as they finished Zoey's measurements.

"Do you want me to dress her?" Oliver asked holding her to his chest. I shook my head.

"I wanna do it," and I did. Oliver stood behind me while did so only talking when I finished.

"Are you ready to show her to the pack?" I picked up the baby and cradled her in my arms. She's to new to fragile.

"Do we have to?"

"Zaria it's tradition," Bethany spoke for him and I nodded my head. I guess it is.

Oliver wrapped an arm around my waist, "let's go," Dr. Kelly walked out the door first followed by Bethany. We trailed behind them.

Outside the door was Kyle, Vanessa, and aunt Dorothy. Vanessa pushed herself off the wall and walked pushed past Kyle and aunt Dorothy coming strait towards me. She stopped in front of me and positioned the bundle of cloth, so she could see my pups face.

Vanessa cooed At Zoey, "She's gorgeous. Just like her parents," I smiled up at my sister.

"I'll be the judge of that," Kyle stepped forward taking Vanessa's spot, "she's awfully pink," I rolled my eyes.

"She was born not even thirty minutes ago," he looked up at me.

"Your up and walking? Wow, woman really are superhero's," Bethany slapped the back of his head, "ow! What did I do now?" I laughed at the.

"Oh honey, she's precious!" Aunt Dorothy was next to greet Zoey. I smiled at her, "Are you ok, though? You just gave birth and your already up and about? You must be exhausted," Oliver grip around my waist tightened. He doesn't want me show any sighs of weakness.

"I'm fine Aunty. Now I'm sure the pack is anxiously waiting to see her," Aunty nods her head.

"They're all waiting downstairs," oh the mess that comes with inviting the whole pack to your home. I smiled and nodded my head. We all started walking down the stairs.

Everyone seemed to become quiet as we walked down the stairs. Oliver took Zoey in his arms and walked deeper into the sea of people. I clenched my jaw as he did so, and followed behind him.

"Everyone, meet Zoey Ayleen Rochelle," everyone crowded around Oliver eventually pushing me out the way.

Oh no, my baby. So many germs. Bethany stood by my side and grabbed my hand, "nothing is going to happen to her. She's fine."

"I know, but ugh it's my baby, Bethany. Trust me you'll know how it feels when your gets here next month," she set a hand on her stomach with a sigh.

I pushed through the crowed and back to Oliver's side. Ok they've seen her. Can I have her back? I mind linked him.

Oliver looked at me and nodded his head handing over the baby. She's safely back in my arms. Someone touched my shoulder from behind making me turn around.

"I'm late, sorry," Everly. She looks down at the bundle in my arms, "is this her?" I nod my head, "Can I carry her?" I reluctantly let Everly take the pup from me. She coos down at the child, "she's precious!"

"Everly where's the rest of the family at?" Oliver asks him.

"Our flight got delayed. Blair and Kage rode here with me," as If clock work the other siblings walked up behind Everly.

"I don't think we've properly met, I'm Blair," the woman with dark shoulder length hair and sharp eyes offered me her hand. I took it.

"I'm Zaria," she meekly nods her head.

"She so precious!" Blair takes Zoey from Everly.

"Hey!" Everly scolds her sister while wince. My baby!

"Gentle, sisters, gentle," Oliver scolds his sisters and snakes his arm around my waist.

"What's her name?" Blair asks.

"Zoey Ayleen Rochelle," Oliver answers her.

"Aw! Should've given her the same middle name as you Lindsey," I looked up at Oliver. What is she talking about? Who is Lindsey?

Oliver scolds his sister, "don't."

Everly laughs, "I still can't believe dad let mom put your middle as Lindsey," my eyes widened and a I smirked.

"Don't you start to!"

"The secrets out big brother!" Kage spoke.

What a wonderful family we have here.

OMG, I had to watch so many home birth videos on YouTube. I couldn't get the real effect tho cuz y'all. Our journey has come to the end though! I'll miss y'all! Stay tuned for the fifth and final book in the my Mate series !