Chapter 7

•———————-•
At the end of the day, you can either focus on what's tearing you apart, or you can focus on what's keeping you together .
•——————————-•

"Zaria your making yourself sick, just tell me what's wrong," Bethany scolded me as I emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet. Once I was done I leaned against the bathroom tub and brought my knees to my chest.

"Nothing," I spoke. My voice was scratchy. Bethany flushed the toilet, handed me a warm towel, and a glass of water.

"Z you've been throwing up since I got here. Your either sick or pregnant and you're neither. Werewolf's don't get sick, and last I heard you're still a virgin. Unless this is what you're beating yourself up over. Did you sleep with someone who's not you mate!?" I shook my head and tangled my hands in my hair. She came and sat besides me, "what's wrong Zaria you've been acting weird since Thursday. Did something happen at the bar?" 

"Nothing happened. I did quit though."

Bethany leaned against my shoulder, "Zaria your not telling me something,"

I shook my head, "I'm fine just a little nerves."

She shook her head, "Since your not going to tell me what's wrong let's first act your mind. Did you hear about the ball the Alphas throwing?"

I nod my head, "My sister was the first to know she's already picking out a dress."

Bethany laughed, "She's relentless!"

I nod, "did they pick a date yet?"

"Two weeks. Plan on going?"

I shook my head," Probably not,"

Bethany slapped my shoulder, "What why not?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Not my scene."

"Zaria I can't go by myself!"

I rolled my eyes, "You have a butt load of guys lined up that are willing to go with you."

"That's not the point though!" She stomped her foot.

I stood up, "I'll think about it B," I walked out the bathroom with Bethany right on my tail.

"Zaria you're going I don't care what you say. I will tie you to a rolling chair and roll you around the whole night if I have to."

I collapsed on my bed and laughed at Bethany's words, "I said I'll think about it."

Bethany rolled her eyes, "I'm give you something to think about when my foot is shoved up you-"

"Don't finish that sentence Bethany," my sister walks in my room and scolds my friend, "Aunt Dorothy wants us downstairs for dinner," she turns on her heels and walks out.

"She's a stick in the mud. I see where you get it from," Bethany rolls her eyes, and clicks her tong.

"Please don't compare me to my 'oh so' perfect sister."

Bethany held up her hands, "Ok ok, I wasn't. I'll make my leave my mom is probably wondering where I am."

"Her holy baby can't go missing," I got up to walk with her down the stairs.

"Oh shut up miss nervous wreck,"

I laugh. We walk down stairs.

Bethany leaves and I make my way to the dinning room. Instead of seeing my aunt I see Vanessa alone instead.

"Where's Aunt Dorothy?"

"She got called into work apparently someone called in sick," Vanessa looked up from her phone setting it down on the table. I sat in front of her, where the plate of food sat. I starred down at it.

"Oh," I spoke breaking the awkward silence.

"Listen I'm not mad at you or anything. At least not anymore I've just been to busy. Managing everything in a day with only twenty-hours is hard."

"Only you would think so," I don't know what else to say.

She smiled, "Probably So, I don't see how you can manage a job and school."

I shrug my shoulders, "School is the only thing I've ever been good at."

Vanessa shook her head, "That's not true! You can persuade anyone to do as you say. I remember when you would bend mom and dad to your will."

I shake my head, "I did not. They told me no all the time."

"Liar, they told me no all the time. I bet you would've even persuaded them to let me go to that party to."

I frowned at the sour thoughts, "Do you ever think mom and dad died thinking we hated them?"

"I never thought about it that way."

"I do. All the time. Our last conversation we fought." I looked up at Vanessa.

"It was all my fault. Maybe if dad hadn't been looking in the rear view mirror he would've seen the truck that swerved in his lane," Vanessa looked down.

I shook my head, "It's not your fault, everything happens for a reason. Maybe we just haven't found that reason yet," as I finished my sentence the door bell rang.

"I hope you don't mind I invited company."

I shook my head, "I'll leave you two. I'm going to go for a run."

She looks back at me nodding.

I left through the back door and immediately started jogging down the road.

Picture of Vanessa up top. Double update just for you guys happy thanksgiving 🍁🍽🦃 !!!!