Chapter 14

~Don't forget: somewhere between hello and goodbye , there was love, so much love.~

The sun shone through the widow. The only reason I had the huge window in the bed room is because it's always raining, but today seemed to be a special day seeing as the sun is making its monthly appearance.

I looked over at the beautiful girl who is sleeping soundly next to me. She is mine and no one else's. I had finally found the perfect girl for me. Literally. I smiled up at the ceiling, and Zaria began to shuffle in her sleep.

'Alpha. We haven't been able to reach you all night. You blocked us.' Lily my delta mind linked me. I sighed. Time to go back to reality.

'Sorry about that I'm here now, is there a problem?' I mind linked her back. There's a pause.

'Well, yes there is a problem.'

I frowned, 'Well what's the problem?'

'Leann got sick in the middle of the night. Kyle rushes her to the hospital, but it was to late. They couldn't save her.'

I sat up. Leann is dead. It took me a minute to process it. I quickly got up and rushed around the room gathering all my stuff.

'I'm on my way now.'

I left Zaria a note on the night stand then rushed off to save my pack that is quickly spiraling down hill.

         "Where have you been?" Lily was the first to greet me.

"Busy, where is he?" I walked up the stairs expecting to fine him in there room.

"He's not here. I don't think he processed what has happened," I turned around and rushed back down stairs, "Alpha he's the least of your worries! You've been gone for so long that the pack only knows Kyle and Leann. If Kyle doesn't have a second mate then-"

I held up my had stopping her, "We'll deal with that later. Right now contact her family. Contact his family. Contact my family. We all need to be together right now," Lily nodded her head and I dashed off to the hospital.

I found Kyle in her hospital room. I slowly walked in as he looked up at me. I knew nothing I would say or do will admonish the fact that his mate is dead. I went through the same thing many years ago, but I'm not going to try and say this is the same thing. It isn't, the death of Emily was entirely my fault.

"Kyle, how are you feeling?" I asked not wanting to say the five words that only seem to make things worse.

"I don't know. I want to cry, but I can't. I'm just numb," he stared blankly at the empty hospital bed.

"Your still shock. You need time to process. Let's go back to the pack house."

He shook his head, "I'm not shocked. I know she's dead, I just expected her to have more time you know?" I nodded my head, "Nicholas isn't mourning. He's silent," Kyle's wolf is either gone or preparing for a new mate.

"Come on let's go," I offer him my hand he takes it. I lead him out of the hospital and to the pack house.

"I called both of your families they'll be here tonight, I'm having their rooms cleaned as we speak."

I give Lily a nod.

"Thank you," Kyle takes off upstairs.

I groan.

"Arrangements need to be made for the funeral," Lily is helpful in every aspect except for planning. She is a procrastinator and usually does everything at the last minute.

"Ok I'm on it," I walk inside my office and slump down into the rolling chair.

I'm possibly going to loose my bestfriend and beta. I let it sink in as I sat in silence.

My office door creaks open, "I heard the new, I'm sorry babe."

I threw my head back. Damn Vanessa I forgot about her.

"Vanessa," my speaking was low and airy as I picked my head up and looked at her. Her blonde hair is flawless as usual and her green eyes sparkled. I couldn't see the resemblance between her and her sister. I would've never guessed they were sisters.

"If you need help doing anything I'm here," she had made her way around my desk and is now standing next to me. I stood up.

"I have to make preparations for the funeral and I have to do it myself, so if you'd excuse me."

She smiled, "I don't mind helping I'm great at planning stuff and you could use a girls eyes."

I hated to admit it, but I do need her help. I sucked at planning anything. Before any of this continued though we needed to talk.

"Vanessa we need to talk," I sat back down and leaned my elbows on my desk and looked up at her voicing my thoughts. She put her hand on my desk and leaned on one foot looking down at me.

"Yes," she said seductively leaning forward.

I internally groaned, "You and I, we are just friends. That's all," she stood up straight and put her hands on her hip. Vanessa sighed, turning me in my chair to face her. I leaned back as she put one hand on either side of the chair arms, trapping me.

"I thought we were something more," she leaned down our faces inches apart. I refused to look at her turning my head to the side. She put her right hand under my chin and my left arm grabbed her elbow.

"Vanessa, we will never be anything more than friends. I have a mate and it's not you."

She humphed. I could smell her minty breath. Her fruity scent was all over me and Alex did like it, he hated our proximity. She was not her sister. I wanted her and only her.

So, I stood up pushing Vanessa away.

Merry Christmas !!! 🎁 🎄⛄️