Chapter 4

•—————————•
Never lie to someone you trust , and never trust someone who lies to you .
•——————————-•

The following days I am haunted by the same dream and the faceless man that might be my mate. The rest of the weekend I stayed home afraid to venture out of the house. When Monday came around I was scared senseless of coming face to face with him at work so I called in.

I had also been avoiding Bethany not wanting to tell her about my encounter with the strange guy and the dream. My bed room door opens and I look up. Aunt Dorothy walks in, "Hey kiddo."

"Aunty," I sit up.

"Are you not feeling good? Do I need to make you a doctors appointment?" She asked I smiled and shook my head. She came over and sat next to me on the bed, "what's up then?" I shook my head looking down, "Zaria you know you can talk to me right? I know you and Vanessa are in some sort of argument."

I sigh,"it's not that D."

"Then What is it? Are you and Bethany in a twirl also?"

I shook my head and smiled at her use of twirl. "I'm fine, I promise," it's her turn to shake her head.

"Hun, it's okay to not be okay, remember that," I nod my head. She sighs stands up and walks to the door, "I should be back by five or six maybe we can have dinner together."

"That sounds nice Aunty."

She nods her head.

"I love you Z!" She shouts from the hallway.

"I love you D!" I shouted back laughing. My aunt attempted to be a parent figure from the very beginning but fail in the act. She soon became our best friend after she got over the fact that she wasn't our mother.

The clock on my bed side read 7:56 AM and I most definitely wasn't going back to sleep and risk having the same dream again. Getting out of bed I walked to my closet. I called in to work and it's to late to change my mind, but I'm not going to continue to rot in my room. I've finished my college classes for the next two weeks in two days, so I might as well go to the book store.

After setting my black high waisted pants on my bed along with my over sized cream colored sweater I go to the bathroom and start running a warm shower. I hop in the shower and let the steaming water roll over my body. Twenty minutes later I hop back out and wrap the towel around my body letting my short hair drip down.

I changed into my clothes and ran the towel through my wavy hair to collect all the water droplets. I throw my damp hair into a cream colored beanie and add a bit of makeup to my face. Walking down the stair I run into Vanessa who looks like a model as always. She passes me with ease and I frown at the act.

I also frown at the sent found on her, fresh pinewood with the earthy undertones. Turning I look back after her and decided to go back to my room. Inside my room I listen to her every move. She should be leaving soon since she has morning classes as if on cue she shuts her bed room door. I soon hear her heeled boots click on the wooden floor, then the front door slams shut.

Peaking my head out my door I look and go in the direction of her bed room. Opening the door the scent of fresh pinewood is over powering. Maybe its like a perfume that's become popular. Yeah, and the man the other night he wasn't my mate. I was just attracted to his cologne.

Searching her room I find the source of the smell, it's an expensive branded wind breaker. These are popular in Washington seeing as they were mostly water proof and it's almost always rainy.

Taking the jacket I walk out her room and shut the door behind me, the jacket gave me an odd sense of belonging and comfort.

This time when I walk down the stairs I walk out the front door and to my car that's parked in the driveway, but before I went out the door I threw on the wind breaker and went outside in the pouring rain.

                  At 11:53 I arrived at the high school with chic-fil-a bags in hand, after getting a visitors pass to be on campus I pull my phone out of the blazers pocket and text Bethany:

I walk towards the east cafeteria kids give me weird glances. I just drop my head and walk faster. At last I got to the cafeteria and spotted Bethany surrounded by a group of people. I walk towards her and finally come to stand behind her for a few seconds before she realizes me.

"Zaria! This is the reason behind your weird texts! You brought me food to!" She smiled and after hugging me pulled me down to sit next to her.

"Bring enough for us to?" A guy asked.

I smiled and nod my head.

"I brought five sandwiches, five ten piece chicken nuggets, and ten fries," they cheered. Bethany passed the food around the group

"What's with the special visit. You hate this place."

I looked around the cafeteria, " I do hate this place, but I missed my Bestfriend, and I finished classes two weeks early."

Bethany shook her head, "Chill with those college classes Z," she talked with a full mouth.

"Did you get in trouble with the alpha or something?" A guy behind me asked.

I turned around to face him, "No,"

He shrugged his shoulders, "His smell is faint on you, Wait! Are you the mystery girl he's dating?"

My eyes widened, "No! I can barley talk to you let along the alpha!"

"Is that why your here? To tell me about the affair between you and the alpha?! I so called it!" Bethany whisper yelled.

"No I'm not having an affair with the alpha!" I put my head in my arms.

"Well it was nice while it lasted."

Picture of Aunt Dorothy up top.