Chapter 29

Soul mate
Noun:
a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

I watched Zaria run out the room shocked by her statement. Did she just? I sat on the bed listening to the rain pour down on the roof. She did.

I smiled. Good for her she deserves it.

I walk down stairs to see aunty D starring after, who I presume was Zaria.

"Oh dear it's pouring hard I hope she makes it back ok."

"She'll make it back fine. Would you like help setting the table?"

"No dear Vanessa set it for me," I walked with her to the kitchen. The scent of food filled the house and my mouth watered. Yum. I love aunty D's cooking.

The door bell rung, "will you get that for me dear? I'm going to pull the stuff out the oven," I nodded my head and made my way to the door.

Opening it I stopped and came face to face with him. I could only utter one word.

"Mate."

He looked at me shocked, "So we finally meet."

I nodded my head mouth opened. This- it's actually him.

"Your Kyle," I spoke at last he nodded his head.

"Your Bethany?" He questioned. I nodded my head. He took my hand and planted a kiss on the top. I all but swooned at the action.

Mate likes us. Deborah my wolf spoke out of the silence. But Mate is also very sad.

"Would you like to come inside?" I noticed the rain started to pour down harder. He nodded his head and I moved to the side.

"Kyle, did Oliver come with you?" Vanessa immediately addressed Kyle as she walked down the stairs.

"Vanessa that's not proper! Where are your manners," Aunt Dorothy scolded Vanessa who I thought was in the kitchen already helping Aunt Dorothy, "Beta Kyle. What a pleasant surprise!" Aunty D bowed in submission.

"Ahh Mrs. Everdarling, what a pleasure as always," Kyle nicely greets Aunty.

"You must be Zaria's special guest?" He nodded his head and looked down at me. After all the two did have a thing.

Zaria is selfish! She has a Mate and tried to steal ours! I shushed Deborah.

"Zaria won't make it tonight sadly. Other pressing matters came up," I spoke.

"She won't? How rude of her! To invite a guest then disappear!"

"That's Zaria for you. Selfish and inconsiderate," Vanessa spoke then walked into the kitchen. A soft growl erupted from within Kyle, which we all gladly ignored.

"Don't mind her. The beauty queens panties are in a bunch, because her guest isn't coming," Aunty whispered to Kyle then ushered us to the dining room, "I hope you'll still dine with us despite Zaria's absence."

The thought hadn't came to me. That Kyle would leave, because Zaria had left. I hoped he wouldn't then I'd be devastated.

"Of course I will! It'd be a pleasure of course," a smile broke out on my face after he spoke the sentence.

We all sat down at the small dining table that sat seven people. Kyle graciously pulled out my chair for me while Aunt Dorothy went to go get the food.

After dinner I followed Kyle out the door. Him being my mate lingered on my mind all dinner. Sure Zaria is mated to someone of high power she deserves to be Luna. With her warm and caring heart.

Me however. I'm just your average teenager. I like to go out have a good time, maybe even have a drink. I shook my head.

We stood on the porch awkwardly staring at each other. He looked like he had wanted to say something more, but did not. With one last glance at me he walked down the porch and stood at the last step then turned to face me.

"Can I see you tomorrow?" For some reason I couldn't English so I just nodded my head. He smiled took my wrist and pulled me down the two steps and into a huge hug. His sent engulfed me and I absolutely loved it.

The sparks were also pretty great. They made me feel alive, "then I guess I'll see you tomorrow," he let me go and walked to his car as I walked back up the steps. Looking at him once more I walked inside.

"Dear, do you know when Zaria is going to be back?" Aunty D asked me as soon as I walked back inside.

"Tomorrow probably she went to take care of some business," she nodded her head, "well I should be heading out, thanks for dinner!" I gave her a hug.

"Wouldn't want your mom to loose her marbles," aunty D laughed, "I'll make sure to give her a call. Just to tell her you had dinner with us," I nodded my head.

"Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow," I grabbed my keys off the hook and walked out the door to my car.

I sat in the car for a minute thinking. My mother is going to flip out if she finds I have a mate. Shoot she might tie me to the bed and never let me see the sun again.

My mom is so over protective over me after my dad and her mate disappeared. Just out of the blue one day he was here the next he just wasn't. No one knows what happened to him, but for some reason my mom is still standing strong. Well as strong as a woman with a missing mate could.

I sighed and turned on the car, backing up to drive home.

"Honey, Dorthy called! I knew I should be expecting you!" Mom crushes me into a bone crushing hug as soon as I walked though the door. I smiled.

"I had dinner with Zaria. I hope you didn't mind," she let me go and shook her head.

"No honey that's fine! Do you have your homework done?" I nodded my head, "is your room cleaned?" I once again nodded my head, "ok good. You can go upstairs. I'll be up in by 8:30 to take your phone," I nod my head. It's our nightly routine.

I hate the routine, so much. I mean I'm 18 when will she stop treating me like a child?

I go up stairs and to my room. It's already 7:45 and the rain has started to pick up again. I look out the window.

I hope Zaria is having a better night than I am.