Chapter 36

•———————•
You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to trust let go and go with flow.
•——————————•

"Get rid of her!" Jakes dad roared using his alpha voice as his fists hit the table. I didn't like the sound of that.

"No," Jake stood firmly against his father.

"No? NO!" He roared teeth flaring.

"You heard me right. I claim her as my responsibility," Jake looked bored in his position. Meanwhile I attempted to hide in his shirt.

"Son trust me, Scarlet is not going to like this," Jake rolled his eyes.

"Did I ask what Scarlet would like? No. I'm going to the infirmary," and with that Jake walked out the house still carrying me.

As he said we went to the infirmary that is packed with people. I guess the attack on the shadow hounds left them weak.

"Jake," a man spoke his name and he turned around.

"Doctor Young! I see everyone's busy," the doctor nodded his head.

"As per usual, with all the different attacks, how can I help you?" The doctor looked down at me.

"She got her ankle stuck in a silver bear trap, can you take a look at it for me?" The doctor nodded his head.

"Of course follow me," we followed him into one of the rooms and Jake set me down on the bed chair thing. The doctor cautiously touched my leg. I winced in pain, "she's going to need stitches to help the wound heal better."

Jake nods his head, "can you do them real quick?"

The doctor nods his head, "Yes, it's a quick patch up job," patch up job?! My eyes widened.

"He knows what he's doing chill," Jake grabbed my hand.

"I'm just going to sterilize the wound, it's going to hurt," just as he said it hurt. A lot. I clench my fits so hard you could see the claw marks on my palm. That wasn't even the worse part. Whenever he actually started the stitches, I almost passed out.

When he finally finished I was clutching onto Jakes shirt, "shh shh he's done," he cooed patting down my hair.

"All her bones are in place, so she won't need a cast or anything of that matter. However she will not be able to walk on it for about a day or two. I can give you crutches if that will help," Jake shook his head.

"That will not be a problem or necessary, thank you doctor Young," Jake once again picked me up bridal style.

"No problem Jake. Take care," and with that we were off back towards what I am presuming is their pack house.

Inside the house he walks up five flights of stairs before walking to the end of the hall and opening a door, "You can stay in here until your healed," I nodded my head as he sets me on the bed. He takes a seat next to me, "what's your name? I'm assuming you already know mine," he smiled over at me.

"I-I'm Zaria," He nodded his head.

"Well Zaria Welcome to the Golden Nightwalkers pack," my eyes widened. I've heard of them. They're supposed to be extinct, "Yes we still live. For the last five years my father has been re building the pack. Do you belong to a pack?"

Don't tell him anything, Nina's back.

I don't answer his question, "tell me it's ok. I promise I won't tell anyone, I can probably even get you back to your pack. I'm not as heartless as my dad. I can see that you just got in the cross hairs of our fighting as many others have," he sighs.