Chapter 12

•——————-•
Time decides who you meet in your life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who stays in your life .
•——————————-•

"Your dress matches the Alphas tuxedo, and he sweeps you off your feet for a dance? Coincidence I think not," Bethany said raising her eye brows. She chased me out of the ballroom. My breathing became ragged and she noticed, "are you ok Z?"

I shook my head.

"Hello ladies, here alone without an arm to lean on," Aiden comes over with another guy. B rolls her eyes.

"Now is not the time, Aiden," I leaned against the wall, for a split second my eyes met the strangers.

"Oh but now is the perfect time, our dates fell through and y'all are, well here. See what I'm getting to?"

I shook my head, "No way!"

He looked at Bethany, "You remember the promise you made me, B."

I look over at Bethany wanting to know the promise she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Fine, fine, whatever," she pushed me towards Aiden where he caught me by linking arms. I look behind us to see Bethany and the guy linking arms. Whats going on here, I questioned.

We walked back into the ball room arm in arm. I did not approve of it and neither did Nina. She practically screamed for me to get away. In turn I blocked her out. At last I shrugged Aiden off and hurried over to Bethany who was surrounded by a group of girls.

"Zaria there you are! One minute you were in front of us next your no where to be found," she did that fake laugh thing and I rolled my eyes.

"Can we talk Please?" I asked.

"Hey, aren't you the girl that Aiden escorted in?" I turned towards the girl and nodded my head, "and also the girl the Alpha danced with you. How did that happen?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yah how did that happen?" Another asked.

"They're also kind of matching," my eyes widened.

"My dress was an accident I didn't get the memo of it being a black and white ball," I motioned towards their dresses.

"That still doesn't explain why The Alpha danced with you."

I mentally groaned, "Simple, I was in the way. He was trying to get out of an awkward conversation, and I just happened to be there. Talk about right place at the right time," I nervously laughed.

"Hm must be," she turned around and walked off with someone else.

I turned back to bethany who was no longer in her spot and instead on the dance floor with that stranger. I sighed. Looking around the room I located my sister, the only other person I know at this ball, and made my way towards her.

She's surrounded by her usual group of people, "Hey,"

She turned around and smiled at me, "I've been meaning to catch you," her smile seemed to widened when she saw me.

"Well I'm here."

We should be with out mate! Nina pushed her way through the barrier. I ignored her as my sister began talking.

"So I saw you met Oliver, y'all two were after all dancing together, how did that happened?"

I gave her a questioning look. Who is Oliver. The whole group turned and we were now the center of attention.