Chapter 21

•———————-•
Perhaps
one day,
they'll understand
All the sacrifices
He gladly made out of love
For her.
•———————————•

"Brother you can't do it," In the span of the chaos someone had call Everly who was on her way out of the pack.

Oliver started rolling up his sleeve and sat down in the chair blowing his sister off. The doctor started getting out his equipment to draw blood.

"Stop," Everly pointed an accusing finger at the doctor, "you can't do this."

"Alpha," he gave a questioning look to Oliver.

"No, I'm not letting this happen," Everly threw down her stuff and pulled off her jacket, "use my blood instead."

Everyone stood quiet watching her, "I don't have as much silver in my blood as he does," Everly had only begun taking the pills months ago whenever she found out Oliver had been taking them so she has little to none in her blood.

Oliver stood up.

"You heard her hurry up!" Oliver barked the orders and they began to prep Everly.

"What's taking so long?" Vanessa bursted into the room just as they unhooked Everly.

"We're done," the words were uttered and things began to be chaotic once again.

The doctor connect Zaria up to the blood with one tube and another to drain her blood, so it could filter through. Oliver held her hand hoping it works, "you own me brother," Everly playfully punched Oliver going to his side. Everly leaned up against the bed.

Soon their eyes fogged over in conversation, so she's the one? Everly mind linked Oliver.

He didn't mind link back, but instead gave a nod. Zaria shuffles and Vanessa's head pops up from the sitting position she was in. Oliver drops Zaria's hand.

             "Thank you guys, but you can leave now. My um aunt is on her way. We'll be fine," Vanessa politely kicked them out of the room. It had been but an hour since the transfusion. Everly was going to stand her ground, but Oliver grabbed her hand pulling her out.

"What are you doing?!"

Oliver just shook his head.

"Oliver!" Vanessa stop outside the door and he turned back, "I'll call you later," without waiting for a reply she walked into the room.

"Why do you let that twat walk all over you?"

Oliver shook his head needing desperate to let off some steam. That's exactly what he did without another word to Everly he ran out of the hospital making his way to the woods.

I groaned. Why did I feel so bad. Opening my eyes I look around. What? This isn't my bed. Where am I?

"Zaria?" Bethany stood next to the bed I laid in.

"What happened?" My head was throbbing.

"The medication didn't agree with you."

I look up at the ceiling.

"Of course it didn't," I wanted to cry and throw a fit like the broken little girl I am.

"The doctor said when you woke up we could leave. The blood was werewolf blood so you'll be fine," I gave her a questioning look, "long story."

I shake my head, "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I have time."

She sighed, "You needed a blood transfusion to get the bad blood out of your system. Oliver was a match apparently."

I shook my head, "No, no, no," tears threatened to fall.

"Chill, they wouldn't let him trade blood with you. It was really odd. Probably something to do with him being alpha and all."

I calmed down. I don't owe him anything then. All the better to just know his blood is what's keeping me alive, "So who's blood is pumping though my veins?" If it wasn't my own, nor Oliver's Who's was it?

"Oliver's sister. We caught her just before she was about to leave town. I don't believe you've met her. Her names Everly and she's kind of a bitch."

I laughed, "Kind of?"

"Ok let me rephrase that. She's a total bitch," we bursted out laughing. I don't know what I'd do without my best friend.

"I hope your not talking about me," my sister walks into the room two cups of coffee in her hands. She hands a cup to Bethany. Our laughter died down.

"No we're not," I remain silent as Bethany speaks.

"I guess we can go home now," Vanessa sat down. I nod my head and swing my legs over the bed. Bethany stood next to me helping me up.

My legs are weak and feel like jello. I eventually got the feeling back into my legs as blood rushes down. I changed from the hospital gown and into some sweats Vanessa brought for me. Without another word we waltzed out of the hospital that was nearly empty.

The only time we use it was when a rouge attack happens and that's not very often.

             I lost a week of my time. When I got back from the hospital I was stacked with homework from college. I'm studying to become a teacher. I didn't finish the home work all at once. Even though it is a pretty boring Monday.

I sip hot chocolate on the couch looking at the pouring rain outside. It's a chilly, Monday afternoon. I'm home alone, Aunt Dorothy is at work and Vanessa was where ever she went during the day when she didn't have lectures, so I had nothing better to do than sit around in sweats, fuzzy socks, over sized sweatshirt, and a messy bun.

I heard a car pull into the drive way. Setting down my mug I look through the window to see who it is. To my surprise I see the last person I'd ever think would show up. He knocks on the door.

He smiled at me as I opened it, "Hey. Went by the hospital and they said you had already left."

I nod my head, "Yeah I left," I think about it for a minute. I can't recall when I left.

"They just let you leave like that?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Not many human doctors in the pack," I smiled up at him.

"Oh, well I was wondering if you wanted to go get coffee and maybe lunch?" Was the Beta asking me out? I'm sure he's not he's just being friendly. It's is weird though his mate just died. Shouldn't he be mourning still? I mean my parents died seven years ago and I mourned for about five.

Ugh, whatever I'm over thinking it, "um sure!" I opened the door wider to let him in, "come in, I just need to change real quick," I gestured to you current attire. He smirked and walked in.

"Right guess you'd wanna change of course."

"It'll take me one second, I swear!" I then ran up stairs.

Picture of Oliver up above !