Chapter One: Didn't Know You Went Here

" Emily! "

" Emily! "

My dad yelled as he busted through my door.

" Wake up! Your going to be late for your first day back at school! " he shouted, groaned and rolled over.

" Emily! Get up now! Dale has to drop you off then get to work. " he shouted again.

" Fine. " I sighed as I sat up.

" Hurry up! " he yelled one last time before leaving my room slamming the door behind him.

I crawled out of my bed and walked over to my closet.

It was my first-last day of highschool. I wasn't that prepared, but I can pretend to be.

I got dressed in my light pastel pink top with dusty green leaves and white flowers all over it along with a pair of black pants. I sat down on my bed to tie my running shoes when my door opened.

" Are you coming? " Dale asked obviously starting to get impatient.

" Yes. " I rolled my eyes.

Dale is my older brother, very annoying, very bossy, very rude, but very protective of me.

I grabbed my back pack from the corner of my bed room and stopped to look in my mirror when I realized that my hair was still up in a now very messy ponytail from last night, I quickly pulled it out a hurried out of my room.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen brushing my fingers through my hair, I grabbed a piece of bacon from the stove, then ran out the door to meet Dale in the car.

I hopped into the passenger seat.

" Finally. " Dale sighed as he backed out of the drive way.

" I'm sorry, my alarm didn't go off. " I sighed as I buckled my seat belt and turned to look out the window.

" Bullshit! You always have your alarm on. Do you know how much trouble i'm going to be in if i'm late for work again? " Dale asked, " I'll probably get fired "

" Yes I do know, you don't need to remind me about that every hour, it'll be the last time, promise. "

" Good, because I can't risk getting fired, dad already lost his job, and if I get fired your the last person with a job in the family. " he explains.

" You do know you could just get a new job. " I suggested.

" No way all my friends work where I work, I need to stay or my social life will die. " Dale wined.

I rolled my eyes. I swear he should have gone to collage three year ago like he was supposed to. He sounds like a five year old when they don't get candy.

We pulled up to the school, I hoped out of the car, " You'll have to walk home. " Dale said before pulling away as quickly as possible.

" Em! " I turned around right as I got tackled onto the grass.