Chapter Twenty-Three: You Blinked, I Won

It was still snowing out, white little fluffy flakes falling from the sky, landing on your hair making it a completely different colour

The weekend went by fast, I spent the whole weekend catching up on history homework from Friday when I wasn't there. Wyatt stopped by to drop it off and we hung out for a bit before he had to go and help his day with something.

I ran down stairs Monday morning, I grabbed a piece of toast from the toaster and took a bite of it.

" Do you need a ride? " Dale asked.

" No i'm good, Wyatt is coming to get me. Thanks though. " I smiled.

" Do you need a ride home? " Dale asked.

" No I have to go to work so i'll either walk or get Rosie to give me a ride. " I smiled.

I got to the front door and put on my shoes and jacket. I picked up my bag from the floor when I hear a car horn honk.

" See you after school! " I yelled before running out the door to Wyatt's car.

I got into the passenger seat, " Good morning. " I smiled.

" Morning. You seem happy today. " Wyatt stated as he backed out of my driveway.

" I had a good sleep, and my brother and I are finally on good terms same with my dad and I. " I smiled.

" Well, I guess that is a good reason to be happy. " Wyatt smiled.

......

We got out of the car and walked towards the school.

We walked over to Rosie who was sitting on the bench on her phone.

" Hey. " I smiled.

" Morning. " Rosie looked up from her phone and smiled.

" Morning. " Grayson said as he walked up to us, he wrapped his arm around me. I tensed up, but he didn't seem to react to it.

Something must have changed after I told him about my mom, first he kisses my forehead and now he wrapping his arm around me like it's nothing, like were really dating. I knew that it was only to make it more believable.

Part of me didn't want to believe that though.

" Um, why is Olivia walking our way? " Rosie asked.

I turned around to see Olivia walking over to us, this can't be a good thing. She walked over and moved Grayson arm from around me then placing her self in between us.

" Can we help you? " Grayson asked.

" All of you are invited to my birthday party, two weeks from now. " Olivia smiled as she handed out the invitations.

" Why? Don't you hate us? " Wyatt asked.

Olivia turned to me, " Well I feel like Emily and I really bonded at the movies on Christmas eve, so why not invite her and all her little potted plants. " Olivia smiled as she handed me the invite.