Chapter Twenty-Two: You Just Push Me Away!

Grayson walked me back to my car

Grayson walked me back to my car. I leaded up against my car door and looked down. I don't like crying in front of people, I never have.

Grayson lifted up my chin. I looked up at him tears still sitting in the corner of my eyes wanting to burst.

" Talk to your brother when you get home. " Grayson said as he whipped away one of my tears, butterflies arose in my stomach.

" He won't listen. " I looked back down.

Grayson lifted up my chin again.

" Then make him listen. "

" tie him up in a chair, take away his phone, ball your eyes out. Hell! Even pour hot tea on him. What ever it is you need to do for him to actually listen to you for once, do it. "

I almost let out a smiled, that would be pretty funny.

" He needs to hear you for once. "

I nodded with a small smile.

" I'll see you at school tomorrow, get home safe. " Grayson smiled before planting a kiss on my forehead.

I almost melted, but I kept myself together. That just crossed the line from fake to real really quick.

" Thank you, Grayson. " I smiled before getting into my car.

The sun was now fully setting, bright oranges, yellows and pinks filled the sky making the snow on the ground sparkle. This is what the sky looked like the night of the crash.

My mom and I were in the car, I was talking up a storm, then I made my mom laugh as we were turning the corner by the look out point. With in a second a transport truck rammed into the side of us, I woke up in the hospital and everything changed.

" What? Where's mom is she okay? " I asked.

" No, Em she's not, the doctors don't think she's going to make it." my dad said.

" Wh-What? "

I whipped away my tears. I can't even remember when we got to the cemetery, how was I supposed to know how long Grayson and I spent there. I could already feel the loud yell coming from Dale when I get home. He seems to care so much about things he doesn't need to care about, yet when I need him to care about something he doesn't.

I pulled into the driveway of my house. My dads car was gone which means only Dale is home.

I walked into the house to see Dale sitting on the couch. He shoots his head up and his eyes go wide.

" Where have you been?! " he asked in a surprisingly calm voice as he rushes over to me.

" Since when did you start to care about where I was? " I mumble loud enough for him to hear.

" What's that supposed to mean, I always care about you " Dale looked at me confused.

" It doesn't look that way to me, not since mom died " I pause, " You and dad both have been different towards me since she died. "

" It's like you blame me. " I looked down.

" J-Just because I was talking to her, m-making her laugh doesn't mean it was my fault it was a normal day. " I shuttered as tears filled my eyes.

" Why do you and dad avoid me on this day and pretend it never happened? " I asked.

I looked back up at him, his eyes were cold.

" I- I don't know. " Dale said with sadness echoing in his voice.

" You and dad are the only people who know what it feels like, but I can't even talk to you guys because you just push me away! " Tears started to stream down my face.

" You push moms death away, you pretend like she wasn't even a person! " I cried.

" Dale, we were really close. Why did you push me away and if it's because you blame me, I'm sorry, I never meant for it to happen. " I cried.

" I know that, I- I guess it's just hard, I never spent much time with mom and your names are so similar and you two look a lot alike I guess... I guess I just pushed you away because I didn't want to deal with the grief. " Dale explained.

" It's been really hard to deal with it alone. " I cried.

Dale pulled me into a hug, the first real hug we've had in years.

" I know, I- I'm sorry, your my little sister and I should have been there with you. Dad and I both. " Dale said.

" I miss her. "

" I miss her too. " Dale took a deep breath, " Maybe tomorrow you, dad and I could all go visit her grave together. "

" I haven't been able to bring myself to visit. "

I pulled away from Dale, " I would like that. " I smiled threw my tears.

" You look tried though, I'll talk to dad when he gets home. You go upstairs and get some rest, you could use it from all the crying all assume you've been doing today. " Dale smiled, I left out a small giggle.

I nodded and walked half way up the stairs.

" Dale- " I turned around to look at him sitting back down on the couch.

" Yeah? " he questioned and turned to looked back at me.

" Thanks for being my big brother again. " I smiled.

" I wish I never stopped. " Dale smiled.

I gave one last smile before walking up stairs to my room.

Grayson was right about talking to my brother, it helped a lot.

I crawled into my bed, my eyes were tired, I was tired. My eyes slowly started to drift off with me thinking about the last thing I said to my mom.

" I'm going to name him Duck Burg. "

I also cried while writing this chapter :)

Duck Burg is the purest character I've already told you this!!!

Hope you liked this chapter, remember to vote and keep reading!! Also check out my other books :)

Till Tomorrows Chapter!!