Chapter Forty-Four: Hi

Two Months Later

Two Months Later

My eye squint open, it takes a minuet for them to adjust to the light in the room. I look over to see a window the sun is rising sending colours of pink, red and orange all threw the sky.

My eye slowly examine the rest of the room, they stop once I see Dale whos sitting in a chair by the bed my laying in. He's reading a book, he hates reading... Dale takes the page and flips to the next one.

" Weird seeing you read a book. " I croak.

Dale looks up at with me wide eyes, " Your awake! "

He throws the book onto the chair he's sitting on not caring to save the page he's on. Dale pulls me up into a tight hug.

" Ow. "

" Sorry, but your awake. " Dale smiled. I've never seen him this happy in his entire life.

" Why am I in the hospital? " I asked.

" Um- " Dale sits back down on his chair, " You've been in a coma for the past two months. "

" W-what? "

" Right after prom you and Grayson got in a car crash. "

" Is Grayson okay? "

" Yes, his injury's were much less server than yours. " Dale said.

I look over to the bottom of the bed, there are a bunch of get well soon balloons.

" Hey " Dale grabs my hand. I look over to him, " All that matters is that your awake now and safe and breathing. "

" Yeah. "

" I'm going to get the doctor, and then I'll call dad and your friends. " Dale said as he got up and left the room.

I sit in the hospital bed. I've been in a coma for two months. I missed graduation, I missed hanging out with my friends till we go away for collage.

I look over to the calendar on the wall, there was two weeks left till summer break is over. Only two weeks.

......

" Everything seems to be steady and well, we will keep you here for one more day to make sure everything is right and in order though. " the doctor said.

" Okay. " I nod.

" She's healthy right? " my dad asked.

" Very, now I'll leave all of you two to catch up. " the doctor leaves the room.

My dad walks over and sits donw beside me, " I though I lost you like I had lost your mother. "

" I'm a fighter, you could never lose me. " I smiled.

My dad pulls me into a hug, " Never get in a car again. "

" Dad, I still have to live my life. "