Chapter Thirty-Six: So Lets Make A Deal

One Week Before Back To School

I sat laid out on my couch scrolling threw Instagram on my phone.

It was another one of those really warm summer days where it was too warm to go outside. I mean I do have a pool, but I wasn't in the mood for swimming.

I sat up on the couch and went to text Emily. My parents are gone for the whole week visiting my brother at collage. God I'm the forgotten child, the one who doesn't do anything with his life. My parents think that Derek is the best child because he's following his dreams and getting a good education like my dad has told him to.

Grayson- hey wanna come over i'm bored

I set my phone on the coffee table and wait for a response. She usually responds right away, but for some reason it's taking much longer this time.

My phone buzzes and I grab it immediately.

Emily- Sure, I'll be over soon.

Grayson- great

I set my phone back down on the table.

After about ten minuets I hear a knock at my door.

I get up from the couch and walk over to the front door opening it to see Emily standing there in a dark purple tank top and high waisted shorts.

" Come on in. " I smirk as I move out of the way and she walks inside my house.

......

We laid beside each other in my bed. I was scrolling threw Instagram while she was on her phone texting someone.

I feel the bed shift and look over to my left to see Emily turned to her side facing me.

" School is starting in a week so this will have to end. " Emily said.

" Uh, why? Aren't we having fun? " I asked as I roll over to face her.

" Yes, but I don't think it's smart to go into school still doing what ever the fuck were doing. "

" Oh come on, seriously? "

" Yes, so lets make a deal that this will not happen ever again after today, that if we see each other we will smile and go on with our lives. " Emily said.

Emily and I have never really talked about our personal lives, which I personally think is a good idea. But who knows maybe I'm starting to develop actual feelings for her. Maybe I actually want to get to know her better.

" So is it a deal? " she asked and put out her hand for me to shack it.

But at the same time who cares about getting to know her, right?

" Deal. " I said as I shook hand.

" Well on that note, I should get going. "

Emily sits up in my bed and swings her feet over the side, she puts back on her tank top and pulls on her pants when she stands up.

" See you around, this was fun. " Emily smiled before walking out of my room.

I lean back onto my pillow, this deal is probably for the best.... Right?

......

The First Day Of School

I got in my car and drove to my new school, just another school I was going to dread going to.

There was a crowd of girls standing near the front of the school. By the time I got close to them they started to talk to two other girls and a guy. One of the girls was wearing a pink top with flowers on it and black pants while the other girl was wearing shorts and a red tank top. The guy was wearing a gray top with jeans, basic guy clothes.

I walked past the group of people hearing the mumble of a girl saying " Learned not to be a bitch. " That gave me the impression that those people may not like each other.

I walk into the school, the hallways are crowed with people. I walk past all of them and go to find my first class so I can just sit down.

The bell rings and I'm still not in class. I turn the corner and finally find the class. It's packed full with people.

You've got to be kidding me.

I walk over to the only spot in the class left, right beside Emily.

I sit down beside each other, we say a few words before she stops talking and goes to drawing in a note book.

She looks so different from the summer, now she looks all pretty in pink, like she's the poster child for good grades. How did I not see this in her from the summer? This must have been why she wanted to make the deal, because she's a different person when school starts.

......

Present day

It's been two weeks since Emily and I broke up. The first week I didn't go to school at all. This week I've just been on and off skipping.

I sit at my desk with head phones in my ears and my hood up.

" Dude! " Derek yelled. I ignore him.

" Bro! " Derek yelled as he pulled my hood off and one of my head phones out.

" What the fuck do you want! " I yelled.

" I'm driving you to school, I need your car today. " Derek said.

" Oh that's funny, who knew you could actually get your ass off the couch. " I glared.

" Okay I know your all butt hurt about your break up with Emily, but that doesn't mean you need to let your academics fail. " Derek said.

" Says the drop out. "

" Get your ass down stairs in 10 minuets. " Derek said before leaving my room.

I didn't go to school yesterday so I might as well go today and just get it over will. I only have two more months left of school then I can do what ever the fuck I want and just travel the world.

I grab my bag from the floor and walk down stairs to the kitchen so I can grab a piece of bacon.

" How's my boy? " my mom asked.

" Fine, I guess. "

" Taking the break up hard huh? "

" Yeah. " I roll my eyes.

" There are other girls out there, maybe she just wasn't the one. "

" Yeah. " I nod, " I'm gonna be late so I've gotta go. "

I walk outside and get in the car with Derek. I look out the window, my moms statement repeats in my head " maybe she just wasn't the one " the sad part about that statement is that I'm staring to believe it.

 I look out the window, my moms statement repeats in my head " maybe she just wasn't the one "  the sad part about that statement is that I'm staring to believe it

Hope you liked this part in Graysons point of view it was lots of fun to write

Please vote and comment what you think is going to happen

Till Tomorrows Chapter!!!