Chapter Twenty: Personality Is Everything

Grayson's mom placed down a bowl of bread before sitting down at the table

Everyone helped themselves to the food they wanted.

"So Emily, what'd your favorite subject? " Derek asked.

" Art or English probably. " I smiled.

" Yes you are very good at art, Emily is the one that painted the wall at the indoor pool for us. " Charlie smiled.

" Have you applied to any collages? " Grayson's dad asked

Wow Grayson wasn't lying when he said that his dad and brother were all about school, that's the only questions I've been asked all night.

" Uh yeah I have 7 different ones. " I smiled.

I like school, but I don't like talking about school outside of school. It's one of those topics that can be drawn on for hours and hours.

" Grayson still hasn't applied to any. " his dad said as he stabbed a piece of steak with his fork.

Grayson let out a sigh.

" Well I thought Grayson wanted to travel the world before going off to collage or not even go to collage at all. " I looked over at him and smiled.

" Yeah I'm still planning on doing that. " Grayson smiled.

" How can you date someone who doesn't like school? " Derek asked.

" Well school isn't the main thing I look at when wanting a significant other, and if anyone dates someone just because of how smart they are then that's just snooping to a whole new kind of low. Personality is everything. " I smiled.

I saw Charlie trying not to laugh. It seems like she doesn't care as much as Grayson's dad and brother do about school.

Derek didn't respond to what I had to said. If I was being honest half of what I just said probably made no sense I kind of just said it and it seemed to make him shut up about school.

......

After dinner, Grayson and I went up to his room. It was weird being in his room again after not being in it for so long. Everything was the same from the bedding to the way his computer was placed on his desk. Even the glass of water that always sat on his night table was still there in the same spot.

" Your room hasn't changed. "

" Yeah it has. " he said.

" Okay where? " I asked, " Everything is the same. "

" Well I got a new pillow. " Grayson crossed his arms.

We sat down on his bed, once again it felt weird. The last time I was on Grayson's bed we were making out and then on our phones and then we made the deal to stop everything once school started.