Chapter Forty-Three: I Knew I Could Never Forget You

My body jolts up and my eyes flicker open

" Finally your awake. " I look to my left to see my mom smiling as she grabs my hand.

I look around to notice I'm in a hospital bed, I have cuts and bruises all over my body, " W-What happened? "

My mom looks over to my dad and brother who are standing by the end of the bed.

" You got in a car crash on the way home from the school. " Derek said.

" What? "

" Wait is Emily okay? "

I needed to know if she was okay, that is all I care about at this very moment.

No one answers, " Is Emily okay? " I repeat.

" She hasn't woken up yet and the doctor hasn't let anyone in to see her. " my mom said.

As those words come out of her mouth my heart feels like it just stopped and froze in time.

" W-What, What do you? What do you mean she hasn't woken up yet? "

" Exactly that- " My dad is cut off by a knock at the door.

I look over to see Rosie and Wyatt standing there still in their outfits from prom.

" We'll let you talk to your friends. " My mom said.

Rosie and Wyatt walk into the room and sit down while my family leaves.

" Are you okay? " Wyatt asked.

" My body hurts, but I'm okay. Have you two heard anything about Emily? " I asked.

" The doctor hasn't told us anything, Dale is demanding to know something and he's getting pretty mad at the doctors. " Rosie explained.

" Do you two know what fully happened? " I asked.

" The lady we talked to said that a car came out of no where and hit you guys, your car flipped over and another car stopped and called the ambulance. We're pretty sure all of us were called when you two arrived here. " Wyatt explained.

" Which side did the car hit? " I asked.

" E-Emily's " Rosie said.

My heart stops once again.

There is another knock at the door, I look over to see Dale standing there. He doesn't look like he's going to rip off my head, he doesn't look like he's going to yell, he looks surprisingly calm.

" Rosie, Wyatt the doctor is letting people see Emily now, if you want to go, I just went. " Dale said.

Rosie and Wyatt nod before getting up and leaving the room.

Dale walks over and sits donw in the chair beside the bed.

" Is she awake? " I asked.

Dale looks down at the ground, " Uh, no, the doctor says she's in a... a coma state at the moment. "