Chapter 19 - The Wondering Before Bedtime

After the movie ended, each of the members went to their respective rooms, slowly shuffling their feet so as to not use too much energy. Tzuyu and Dahyun did the same, walking together, shuffling their feet, all wrapped up in Tzuyu's blanket. They were giggling the entire way, commenting on how they were acting like little children.

When they entered the room, Tzuyu didn't immediately turn on the light, but rather hugged Dahyun from behind. Dahyun was grinning from ear to ear as she held Tzuyu's hands in her own and leaned her head back towards Tzuyu's shoulder. Tzuyu then gently placed a soft kiss on Dahyun's neck and they both giggled.

Tzuyu then turned on the light and the girls were facing each other, while also placing Tzuyu's blanket on her bed. They were grinning so hard they felt their faces hurt.

"So..?" Dahyun started with a smile.

"So...?" Tzuyu smiled back.

"Today was an... eventful day." Dahyun chuckled.

"It was." Tzuyu confirmed.

"You were... quite the magician with your hands." Dahyun complimented her and Tzuyu blushed.

"Oh yeah, that was.... It was challenging in the end. I had to watch out for the cameras. But I think no one noticed." Tzuyu giggled.

"Well, there will be a video out soon, so we will see if you made any mistakes." Dahyun giggled as well.

"Yeah..." Tzuyu joined in.

There was silence between them as they were looking into each other's eyes, holding their hands.

What is this? This... feeling? Dahyun said to herself.

"Okay, Dahyunie... Tomorrow I don't get to see you because I have a magazine interview and a photo shoot." Tzuyu teased.

"Oh." Dahyun felt a bit disappointed upon hearing that.

"Are you going to be okay?" Tzuyu reacted to her reaction, smiling.

"Yes." Dahyun picked herself up soon. "Yes! No, I will be fine. I mean... I will miss you... I mean... I will miss us... I mean..." Dahyun was stuttering hard and couldn't face Tzuyu once again.

But, Tzuyu, without fail, picked up Dahyun's chin and looked into her eyes:

"I will miss THIS too." she said, while also giving a small kiss on Dahyun's neck. A shiver went down Dahyun's spine as she was receiving the kiss and she felt like she wanted more of Tzuyu. When Tzuyu looked back into Dahyun's eyes, they were both smiling again.

"Okay, I have to go to sleep now, I have to wake up early in the morning." Tzuyu went to her bed and Dahyun went to her own. Why am I... What am I feeling? This is so strange. Dahyun mused.

They soon turned off the lights and went to sleep.

Soon afterwards a storm was raging hard outside their mansion - lightning, thunder, rain, the whole lot. Dahyun was still awake in her thoughts about Tzuyu and she still had this feeling, something that she couldn't describe.

I mean. I love the teasing. No! I ADORE the teasing! I could be subjected to her touch whenever and wherever. She really has become a master of it. But now... Whenever she just like touches me, or holds my hand, or... KISSES MY NECK FOR NO REASON... It's not a tease. I don't feel like it's a tease. It feels so different. The wave of warmth I get from it is different from the one I get when she... uh... touches me differently. Ugh! This is so confusing! And I can't think over this storm outside, it's so loud!

Dahyun then stood up and went to see if the window was open. It wasn't. It was closed, and yet, the storm was still really loud.

I have to get some sleep. But I can't... All these thoughts, and the sounds from the outside... Ugh! She then turned around to see that Tzuyu was sleeping. She didn't know for sure if she was sleeping, she just saw that she was lying on her side, not moving much but breathing and that she couldn't see her face.

She must be sleeping. I don't want to disturb her. But I really have to sleep. Maybe... It looks so warm and comforting over there. And it's further away from the window. Yeah.... Maybe if I was lying next to her... Maybe that could make me go to sleep? I don't know WHY that would work, but I really want to try it now. Dahyun mused as she steadily went closer to Tzuyu's bed.

No... This is stupid. She'll think it's stupid. Agh! No, Dahyun, you're going to try it at least!

She then removed a part of Tzuyu's cover and was now lying next to her, covered up, hugging her from behind tightly.

"I never thought you would be someone that was afraid of the storm." Tzuyu mumbled softly with a smile as she noticed Dahyun's hands around her waist.

"No... I wasn't... It's just... This feels warmer. And cozier." Dahyun tried to explain.

"Oh! Okay... Fair enough. I hope you have enough space." Tzuyu asked concerned.

"I do." Dahyun replied with a soft smile.

"Okay, goodnight Dahyunie!"

"Goodnight, Tzuyu."

Tzuyu then went back to sleep with a smile on her face, while Dahyun still mused just a little bit longer:

Wow. This is so warm. And so comfortable. And cozy. And... my mind is relaxed now that I'm hugging her. And she was so concerned if I had space in her bed, that was so sweet! Can I go to sleep like this more often? Dahyun mused as she drifted into her own sleep as well.