Chapter 23 - The Dinner

"Wow!" that word silently flowed out of Tzuyu's mouth as they were entering the restaurant. She was pleasantly surprised by the whole atmosphere that was happening inside of it.

 She was pleasantly surprised by the whole atmosphere that was happening inside of it

Dahyun was silently following her, smiling, hoping Tzuyu really enjoyed what she saw. It would mean a lot if she would like this place. The atmosphere here can really be romantic.

 The atmosphere here can really be romantic

Soon they were seated by a welcoming waiter who brought them their menus and a complimentary drink.

"Oh wow! I guess hanging out with Momo does get you something!" Tzuyu joked.

"Oh, no, no! This waiter wasn't here yesterday, I swear!" Dahyun said nervously.

"Dahyun. Calm down. I'm teasing you. I mean, not like I usually do it... But you get the point." They both giggled as they looked into the menu to see what they would order.

There was a sort of nervous energy between the two due to the atmosphere the restaurant created - gentle music playing in the background, the lights were dim, everything looked clean and nicely arranged - the tables and the staff looked great as well.

"Huh... Wow... a bit grandiose. It kind of freaks me out a bit." Dahyun spoke as she lifted her head from the menu.

"What do you mean?" Tzuyu asked with a confused smile.

"I mean, look at this. The nice tables, the sharply dressed staff, the dim lights, the music... Like an old but great movie." Dahyun smiled.

"Oh, I see what you mean, yeah... It does overwhelm you now that I think about it... Yeah... Wow!" Tzuyu smiled back, nodding her head slightly.

"I mean, the only thing missing is cand-" and just as Dahyun was saying that, out of nowhere the same waiter appeared with two candles, placing them on the table and lighting them up. Tzuyu and Dahyun just sat there silently, while the waiter commented:

"A bit of a romantic atmosphere, no? Are you enjoying the wine?" He asked very politely.

The duo just nodded their heads with a reassuring smile as the waiter moved away from the table.