Chapter 24 - The Unexpected Rejection

Another silence was in the room, but Dahyun decided to break it this time.

"Listen... This was a bummer, the whole MoChaeng situation. But they're going to be okay. And we did what we could for now. And I don't want to end this day on a somber note."

"Okay, I'm listening."

"So I was thinking about getting back to the performance festival. This way, we can get each of them something... And! And I can win that stuffed bear."

"Huh... I mean, she did say that they needed privacy so there is nothing we could do for them now. And why not have a good time. Also, you'll never get that bear, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!" Tzuyu smiled at Dahyun.

"I'll get it if I have to play the game till the morning!" Dahyun defended herself.

"Oh I would like to see that!"

"You would, wouldn't you?" They both joked.

"Well, let's pay this and go then!"

"This one's on me... I mean, I took you out. And also, you know, I feel that the dinner could have ended on a higher note."

"No! No... I loved the whole day. This wasn't planned. Don't feel bad about it." Tzuyu tried to comfort Dahyun. She then added:

"But I am getting you something at the performance festival!" she said with a smile.

"Deal!" Dahyun replied with a grin.

The conversation then flowed back to their interests and disinterests again as they enjoyed their pancake. When they finished it, Dahyun got up to pay as they were leaving the restaurant.

So far, so good. The evening is going great! I hope it will continue this way. She mused.

As they got out of the restaurant, Dahyun received another message:

We're home, thank you for asking. I'll just take a shower and go to sleep, talk to you tomorrow :*

That's what Momo had written and Dahyun replied back:

Okay, if you need anything, just tell me.

To which Momo immediately replied:

Just a bit of privacy for now, thanks :*

Dahyun then showed the messages to Tzuyu as they were walking back to the performance festival. Tzuyu nodded and said:

"Okay, now I'm so glad they're home safe. And yeah, privacy is what they need, nothing we can do."

"Nothing we can do." Dahyun commented as well.

"Oh Dahyunie, don't be so sad, they will get through this one way or another. Come, look at me!" Tzuyu pushed Dahyun's chin so they would look at each other. "Let's enjoy this evening for a little while, okay?" She said with a huge smile on her face.

"Okay, let's." Dahyun smiled back. Oh when she puts her hand to make me face her.... I love that! She mused.

Tzuyu on the other hand thought - I really love it when I can cheer her up. It's such a nice feeling.

They silently walked to the performance festival and decided on which rides they wanted to go on.

"The Ferris wheel of course!" Tzuyu said excited.

"Heh...." Dahyun was nervous.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No... It's just that... I'm not a fan of heights."