Chapter 29 - The Reluctance

The duo woke up next to each other, Tzuyu hugging a groggy Dahyun.

"Hey baby, you awake?" Tzuyu asked in a cute manner.

"Don't you "baby" me, I'm so sore from last night." Dahyun replied trying to wake up.

"I'm sorry... But it needed to be done. We both needed that." Tzuyu defended.

Dahyun then quickly raised her head and kissed a startled Tzuyu on the lips as she put her head on Tzuyu's shoulder:

"I know we did. Now pleaaaase... Five more minutes." She pleaded cutely.

"Of course!" Tzuyu agreed while also closing her eyes to get more sleep.

She smells like home. They both thought as they were lying next to each other.

The girls woke up half an hour later, confused as to where they were.

"I thought we said five minutes." Dahyun asked confused with a smile.

"Yeah, I know, but I guess we overslept." Tzuyu smiled back at her.

The duo barely got out of bed in order to meet the rest of the group in the kitchen so they could all eat their breakfast. Dahyun and Tzuyu even came together, holding each other's hands, but nobody was noticing because they were all discussing something very loudly. Dahyun and Tzuyu meant to tell everybody about them being together, but before they opened their mouths, they overheard Mina and Momo talk.

"I'm telling you, those were cats outside!" Mina spoke first.

"Cats? That loud? And moaning by the way? There was definite moaning!" Momo argued.

"What are you all talking about?" Tzuyu asked confused, still holding Dahyun's hand.

"Oh, they're arguing about what they heard last night. Since it was so loud from the thunderstorm outside, Momo and Mina are debating if they heard cats or someone somewhere fucking." Jeongyeon replied.

Dahyun and Tzuyu looked at each other confused. They definitely thought they were caught and were willing to admit the whole thing. But now, looking into each other's eyes, they weren't so sure if that was the right thing. They let go of each other's hands so as not to be suspicious since no one somehow hasn't noticed them holding hands. They nodded at each other as if they wanted to say: "We'll talk about this later." They then proceeded to each make their own breakfast and eat in silence.

The argument was settled between Momo and Mina by Jihyo who after a while stepped in and just said:

"You know what, it probably was the cats, and they were probably doing some kinky shit." Everyone laughed at that last part and just continued on with what they were previously doing, disregarding the whole argument.

"Hey, Dahyun, what's that on your neck?" Jeongyeon asked about Dahyun's hickeys and everyone looked at a flushed Dahyun. Luckily, Dahyun was quick on her feet and said in a joking manner:

"Oh, yeah, no, Tzuyu and I were those cats fucking." She chuckled while Tzuyu played along and lightly slapped Dahyun on the shoulder while jokingly saying: "Dahyun, I thought we were gonna keep it a secret!"

Everyone laughed again, and Dahyun just said that she scratched herself a bit last night because she thought she might be allergic to something Tzuyu had bought from the store.

Luckily for them, everyone just accepted that answer and carried on.

The duo returned rapidly to their room to discuss what just happened:

"I like you!" Dahyun spoke in a panicked manner as soon as the door of the room closed.

"I know, and I like you too!" Tzuyu also spoke in a panicked manner while also holding Dahyun's hands.

"And, I wanted to tell them because... I thought they knew!"

"So did I!" Tzuyu agreed as they were now smiling nervously.

"But now that they don't know..."

"...I'm not so sure..." Tzuyu interrupted Dahyun and then realized she misspoke: "I mean, I am sure I like you! No, really, I am!"

Dahyun tried to calm Tzuyu down by holding her hands tighter and by looking directly into her eyes, smiling.

"Tzuyu... Calm down. Give me a kiss. I know you like me, hehe." Dahyun proposed a kiss and Tzuyu obliged, kissing Dahyun who was still goofily smiling. How... How did she calm me down so fast? Tzuyu mused happily. She then calmed down and continued:

"I like you!"

"I know that, I like you too!" Dahyun reassured her.

"But if they don't know... I... I would like to propose something."

"I think I'm going to like this!" Dahyun was eager to hear what Tzuyu had to say.

"I say... We... Explore our relationship. Have a bit of alone time to ourselves. See what we like and what we don't like... Get to know each other as a couple before we announce it to the world."

Dahyun inched closer to Tzuyu and was now very close to her. She got up on her own toes since Tzuyu was taller than her and kissed her lightly on the lips. Tzuyu blushed and grinned.

"What was that for?" She asked shyly.

"I liked your idea." Dahyun answered. "So I wanted to give you a kiss."

"Oh... I hope I get a lot of ideas you like then." Tzuyu responded with a smile. Dahyun smiled at that as well and then asked:

"So... Time?"

"Yes, time!... And also, Dahyun... how about that second date?"

"Oh... you better be prepared!" Dahyun responded with a grin.

"I just know that for the next couple of days, we'll only see each other at night since I know we have a full schedule."

"I know... It sucks. But! I do know that I had the most comfortable sleep last night, snuggling with you. Even though I am sore as hell!" Dahyun was chuckling at the end.

"Oh baby... I'm so sorry about that. But... You know, you talking about that, makes me so..."

"Only gentle loving today babe, I really need it. That's why I can't wait to sleep next to you tonight." Dahyun responded.

"Of course, me too!" Tzuyu replied happily. She then kissed Dahyun gently on the lips as they both got prepared for the heavy day ahead.

She is perfect. They both mused as they got ready.