Chapter 35 - The Aquarium

Tzuyu and Dahyun soon arrived in front of a large building. They got out of the cab and Dahyun asked:

"Is this...?"

"Yup... The aquarium!" Tzuyu responded enthusiastically.

"Wow, Tzuyu, you've really outdone yourself!" Dahyun complimented her.

"Well, I wanted to treat my girlfriend nicely!"

"Mission accomplished!" Dahyun smiled as they went inside.

At first they started out by the smaller fish, admiring their habitats and the way everything was set up.

"I mean, look at the colors, these are beautiful!" Dahyun commented.

"Almost as beautiful as you." Tzuyu replied.

They both grinned at that to which Dahyun replied:

"You're so corny!"

"But you like it, don't you?" Tzuyu grinned.

Dahyun just blushed and shyly nodded her head.

They soon went on to look at the octopi and squids.

"Wouldn't it be cool to have an aquarium home?"

"You mean, in the mansion?" Tzuyu asked.

"Yes... And maybe like... Someday... In your own home?" Dahyun asked shyly.

"It would be peaceful if anything else. And I do like peace at home!" Tzuyu replied smiling. They continued to walk towards bigger and bigger habitats until they finally reached the sharks. They both stood further away from the glass because they were a bit afraid of them, even though they knew nothing hurtful could happen to them.

"I will protect you!" Tzuyu courageously put her hands around Dahyun and looked fearlessly towards the glass. Dahyun just giggled and said cutely:

"Oh, my protector, please help!"

"Never fear, Tzuyu-bear is here!"

"You. Are. The cutest." Dahyun responded before getting on her toes and kissing Tzuyu on the nose. Tzuyu blushed from this and was left speechless. I am the cutest? Her getting on her toes to kiss my nose is diabetes-worthy!

"What's the matter? Squid got your tongue?" Dahyun teased.

"More like a bee!"

"Oh you!" Dahyun replied grinning. "Oh, and by the way, I forgot to tell you..."

"Yes?"

"The whole group is going to be out tonight. I mean, not for the whole evening, but Jihyo told me they wouldn't be home until later tonight..."

"Oh!" Tzuyu caught on.

"Yeah..." Dahyun bit her lip.

Fuck! Don't do that to me! Tzuyu was feeling hot all of a sudden.

"Uhm... Dahyun... Do you... Do you think we should leave now?" Tzuyu asked nervously.

"Oh no... No, no, no... I want to see what you had planned for this date" Dahyun playfully winked at Tzuyu.

She's doing it again. She's teasing me. UGH! Tzuyu's blood was boiling, but she had to concentrate in order for this date to continue. She didn't want to be too distracted.

"Okay, Dahyunie... Let's have fun then, and later we'll go home." Tzuyu replied.

Dahyun did something Tzuyu did not expect. She got on her toes and whispered into Tzuyu's ear:

"Good girl."

She then quickly kissed her on the cheek, winked at her and turned around to see what the rest of the aquarium had to offer.

That little... That little fucker! That fucking pale dork! Just when I thought... Ugh.... I better follow her and I better calm down! Tzuyu then focused on the aquarium in order to calm herself down a bit. I have to change the subject or I'll lose my mind!

The two continued to talk about their lives as they were looking at all the animals that were displayed.

"I don't know... Maybe I'd like to have a family someday... I haven't thought of it yet." Tzuyu admitted.

"I agree. I too haven't thought about it too much... But I'd like to keep an open mind."

"Would you like to have kids?" Tzuyu asked carefully.

"Hm... Who knows? I really want to keep an open mind hehe." Dahyun replied. "And you?"

"Same, same... For now I'd like to concentrate on current events." Tzuyu was nervous.

"What's wrong?" Dahyun sensed this.

"It's just that... We're together now, right?"

"Right... Why?" Dahyun was confused.

"It's just that... We're talking about life-changing things - families, children, life in the future... And it's so confusing to talk to someone about it when you don't know how that relationship is going to unwind... I'm sorry, that must've sounded real heavy coming from me... But it bugged me. I mean, the talk about it, not you, of course." Tzuyu fumbled through her words near the end but Dahyun understood the message behind what Tzuyu was trying to say.

"Okay, let's calm down, let's breathe together, okay?" Dahyun was looking into Tzuyu's eyes and holding her hands while standing in front of her.

"I'm not saying you're overthinking this... or "underthinking" this..." They both giggled when Dahyun used that word, "...But! But I think it's normal to talk about these things regardless... It gives you a perspective on things... And it also gives you a chance to talk about these things with your partner, which is, I think, always useful." Dahyun looked sadly into Tzuyu's eyes. I hope I didn't give her the impression that I don't like her. I definitely do. I just want her to know that this is normal, she mused.

"Whoa, when did you become so smart?" Tzuyu teased. This brought a spark back to Dahyun's eyes, knowing Tzuyu understood her.

"They don't call me a dork for no reason!" Dahyun grinned.

"Well, technically, I'm the only one calling you a dork, but I see your point." Tzuyu replied. "Yeah... I guess you're right-"

"You know I am!" Dahyun interrupted.

"Okay... I know you are!" Tzuyu responded happily.

"So... Shall we continue the tour?" Dahyun asked politely. And then they did.

After a couple of hours of small talk and discussing the wildlife inside the aquarium, Tzuyu finally asked:

"So... Are you ready?"

"For what?"

"For part three of this date?"

"Oh you know I am" Dahyun grinned as they decided to leave the aquarium.

I wonder where she's taking me next. She mused.