Faded

Kongpob's heart cracked into two and a searing pain went through him as he saw Arthit walking in front of him.... With Maprang.

She kissed his cheek, and Arthit blushed. Then she held his hand and started swinging it.

She laughed, and Arthit laughed too. Their laughter filled the atmosphere, making it jolly and merry.

Witt Kongpob's heart crying.

Silently, he followed them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

They were sitting in a restaurant and eating. More like feeding each other.
First Maprang would feed Arthit, next Arthit would feed her.

Kongpob was sitting a few tables away. Out of their sight. Hurt and choking. Ready to cry any minute.

Just why was he following them? Why was he torturing himself? Why doesn't he just leave?

Why?

He remembered the time when they were in college. Him and Arthit always used to eat together, always.

But they have grown apart now.

And he has Maprang.

There was another slash on his heart as Maprang wiped Arthit's mouth with a napkin and Arthit blushed again.

But still, Kongpob looked on.

-----------------------------------------------------------

They were inside a theatre and watching a movie.

Maprang's head was on Arthit's shoulder and she was clutching his hand tightly.

Kongpob smiled bitterly as another memory surfaced.

Kongpob and Arthit were watching a movie, and Kongpob was very much into it. A weight fell on his shoulder, startled he looked.

Arthit had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

After that Kongpob stopped paying attention to the movie because his attention was on Arthit.

Those were the days, he missed terribly.

--------------------------------------------------------

They were sharing an ice cream between them. First Arthit would eat it, then give it to Maprang. Then Maprang would give it back to Arthit after eating it.

It was such a sweet sight, but it was making kong feel bitter.

He remembered the time when they used to share their drinks.

And Kongpob was so thrilled and happy with the idea having an indirect kiss.

-----------------------------------------------------------

They were taking millions of selfies together.

The shy and hesitant Arthit was so bright and shining. Posing differently each time.

When did Arthit changed this much? They had never snapped a picture together. Maybe with some other friends, but never just the two of them.

There were no photos, just memories.

A silent tear rolled down his cheek.

-----------------------------------------------------------

He quickly looked away as Maprang kissed Arthit goodbye.

He could not look at it. He could never look at it.

Him and Arthit had never kissed.

Well, friends never do....do they?

Kongpob was madly in love with Arthit, and he felt that Arthit was too.

He felt it every time Arthit smiled at him, looked at him and touched him.

It was there. His love.

They were so close to confessing to each other.

Then what happened?

He followed Arthit, as he entered his room.

It was filled with pictures of Arthit and Maprang.

Kongpob's heart squeezed tightly.

Arthit really love her.

Later, when Arthit was preparing for bed, he looked at a picture of Maprang and smiled affectionately.

He lied down, then slid his hand under the pillow and took out an old photograph.

Kongpob started crying his heart out when he saw it.

It was his photograph, taken secretly.

And the photograph itself was tattered and used, as if the owner had carried it everywhere, and watched it every day.

A tear rolled down Arthit's cheeks and everything came rushing back.

He remembered what happened.

He died.

Back then, when they were this close to getting together, his health deteriorated.

He found out he had some fatal disease.

So Kongpob stepped back and had pushed Maprang towards Arthit, at every chance he got.

Kongpob had watched as the feelings grew between them. First Arthit was hurt, then sad, then he accepted the fact. And soon began developing romantic feelings for her.

Sooner than later, they had started dating.

And that was the time, Kongpob passed away, satisfied, that there was someone to look after Arthit even if he's not there.

He won't be alone.

It had been 2years since then.

Kong had came to just check upon him.

And yes, Arthit was happy.

So Kong was a little taken aback when Arthit kissed his photo and murmured,

"I love you Kong. I miss you", then put it back and closed his eyes.

Kongpob smiled, they never got to say that to each other.

He bent down and kissed Arthit's forehead.

"I love you too Arthit. Goodbye my sun. And always be happy with Maprang. "

With that, he went away.

He may have faded from Arthit's life, but he will always occupy a tiny portion in Arthit's heart and never fade away from there.

-----------------------end------------------------------

This was my promised 50th story. How did you guys liked it?

Tell me if it came out right @KNO_2298.