Honjok

Honjok is a South Korean neologism for loner tribe where singles are picking passion over partners.

Apparently, today is a singles day due to the date- 11/11 which contains four single digit😂

So this chapter is dedicated to all the single persons who are single by choice (like me) 😎

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kongpob confidently strutted inside the college gate. Greeting and smiling numerous people on the way.

He knew he was handsome and attractive and popular. And it adds a certain charm to them, when they know it but don't flaunt it.

And Kongpob was just like that. Besides, he was effortlessly stunning.

Numerous people had crushes on him, numerous people had confessed to him, but surprisingly, he was still single.

Which made more people flock to him. Kongpob tried, many times to make them understand, that he didn't want to date.

He was single by choice.

And if he had to date someone, he already had his sight set on someone. And the said person came and greeted him,

"Good morning Kong"

"Good morning Arthit"

His classmate Arthit. They both were in third year engineering, with only one year left.

And Kongpob was attracted to him. Very.

And he knew, Arthit was too. But it was like an unspoken agreement between them. They won't date until graduation.

Because first, they want to make their careers. And in this cut throat competition of the world, one needs all their energy to establish a place in this world.

Besides, if they really liked each other, they wouldn't mind waiting, right?

And Kongpob was feeling blessed to have found such a person. Because Arthit's thoughts were similar.

Three years had already passed, what's one more year?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kongpob was bouncing on his toes. He was expecting the arrival of Arthit from his interview.

And Kong was desperately waiting for the good news.

They had waited long, so long for this. He silently prayed to God for Arthit's success.

"Kong!!"

Kongpob turned back to look at a beaming Arthit.

"I got it!!"

"That's great!!", Kong beamed back as Arthit came running to him to hug him.

Kongpob hugged him back, lifted him and twirled him around.

Finally!!

Kong gently put him back and with hopeful eyes asked.

"Be my boyfriend?"

"I thought you would never ask"

Finally, they were ready to transition into the next phase of their life, together.

---------------------------end--------------------------

I don't know if you guys would like it not. But reviews are still welcomed.😊