Flashbulb Memory

Arthit internally facepalmed when he found himself in exactly the same position as a year ago. Inside a bus, sleeping on Kongpob's shoulder. Not exactly sleeping, but pretending to be asleep.

He still remember that day a year ago, as if the events have happened just yesterday.

He Marvels at his memory at the precision of it. He remembers, every little detail of that moment. Down to the bracelet Kong wore that day.

Him and Kongpob had gone somewhere with their friends, a graduation trip, it could be said. Because they were going to graduate school in a month.

They were sitting at the last seat of the bus, away from their noisy friends, listening to music, with one earphone each in their ear, and Arthit leaning on Kongpob.

Just like now.

A déjà vu.

"It's like a déjà vu", Kongpob remarked.

"I still remember"

Me too.

"As if it happened yesterday"

I feel it too.

"That day, we were sitting at the back seat of the bus, and we both were sleeping", Kongpob said looking out of the window.

Wrong. Neither of us were sleeping.

Arthit made himself more comfortable as he snuggled closer. Kongpob smelled like musk.

A fragrance associated with an adult person. In just a year, so many things changed. Including himself.

That day, he was smelling like sunshine.

"That day we had so much fun. And we all were so tired. Specially you. Because you dozed off the moment the bus started. Well, it was pretty late, 6pm, I think?"

Wrong. It was 6:15pm.

"Despite that, we still stopped to get some ice-cream on the way. And you were most excited to get your favourite strawberry flavor. "

Wrong. I ate orange flavour that day, because....

"And I ate chocolate flavor, I think", Kongpob's brow scrunched up together trying to remember.

Wrong!!you ate cherry flavour. This is the thing which I remember most clearly, because....

"Then, right after finishing, you dozed off again. You wouldn't wake up, even when I tickled you", Kong chuckled.

Wrong again. I was awake the moment your fingers touched mine. Because it was like an electric shock and then tracing your finger on my skin you had written, I love you.

The bus jolted and Arthit lifted up his head in annoyance.

Just like that time. And Kongpob had quickly withdrawn his hand.

Arthit had regretted that moment immensely. He just wished, he had not pretended to be asleep that time, and Kongpob had waited for him to be awake.

He had wished that if they have been more courageous, then wouldn't have wasted one year.

"You are wrong", said Arthit rubbing his eyes.

"Huh??"

"That day, I had eaten orange flavour, because it colored my lips and I had hoped you would kiss me. And you had eaten cherry flavour, because it had colored your lips red, and I had so wanted to tasted them"

With that, Arthit smashed his lips on Kongpob's.

Now, maybe he got another flashbulb memory, overriding his previous one.

-------------------------end--------------------------