Pink milk

"I hate chocolates!!", Was the first thing Arthit said as soon as he entered the class, and saw Kongpob surrounded by girls as usual.

And carrying a box of chocolate.

It was Monday. And valentine's Day was just this coming Friday. People were already in the mood.

And Kongpob getting a box of chocolates now itself was a proof of his popularity.

Girls wanted to be the first one to confess, in case Kongpob agrees.

Arthit grumbled some more and sat  down sulkily on his seat.

His pink milk wasn't tasty anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------

Arthit and Kongpob were not exactly friends, but not mere acquaintance either.

They ran in different circles. And whatever interaction they had was because they were classmates.

" The not birthday cakes are so lame", Arthit grumbled to his friends, sitting inside the classroom, as he saw Kongpob entering the class carrying a cake inside a box.

Probably, some girl gave it to him again, Arthit thought bitterly as he looked away.

He can't bear to look at Kongpob eating that cake.

He suddenly got up and went outside, he needed to go have his favourite drink.

---------------------------------------------------------

Arthit felt like crying when he saw Kongpob entering the class with an armful of roses on a Wednesday morning.

Not only red, it had yellow and pink and white roses too.

Must be that different girls had given him different coloured roses according to their taste.

He could smell all the roses till his seat and it made his stomach feel queasy.

He got up to throw away his pink milk.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thursday saw Kongpob carrying several teddy bears.

" What are we, kids?", Arthit grunted.

And the thought of Kongpob getting so many bears made him frown in annoyance.

He was still frowning when their eyes met.

He quickly looked away and sipped his drink, with colour blooming on his cheeks.

Damn!! Why does Kongpob had to be so popular and so handsome.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was Friday and valentine's Day. And Arthit was nervous, because today, he had his own confession to make .

After school, he decided. He will do it.

But after school, Kongpob went missing.

Arthit found him nowhere.

He asked around too, but to no avail.

Looked like Kongpob already found his special someone and wasted no time in making this day special with that someone.

Dejectedly, Arthit went back to his class and sat down, with still clutching the pink milk.

It had become warm.

Arthit had wanted to do it differently. He had wanted to confess to Kongpob and then give this pink milk.

But now, it was of no use.

He started crying silently, and thought of throwing away the pink milk.

Then someone sat beside him and said," I think it has become warm. Exchange it with mine, it's still cool"

Arthit looked at the speaker of this familiar voice, surprised.

Kongpob was sweating, did he run?

When he made no movement, Kongpob himself exchanged their drinks, and started sipping.

And seeing the tearstained face of Arthit remarked, " I should be the one crying!! Everytime I brought something for you, you never liked it!! Be it chocolate , or cake or roses or bears!!"

" Wha...wha...?"

" And then I thought to give you pink milk, since you like it so much as you are always drinking it "

"..............."

"Happy valentine's Day Arthit. I like you so much!!", Kongpob continued and gave him a quick kiss.

The kiss brought him back to reality. He was not dreaming. Arthit regained his senses and replied," you are doing it wrong again"

" Huh?"

"That's not how you kiss", then pulled Kongpob into a long and passionate kiss.

" Happy valentine's Day Kongpob. I like you too"

----------------------------end---------------------