Diwali

Just because I feel like celebrating it early. 😁
Sequel to loveratri.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It had been a month since they last met. After the Navratri celebration, both him and Knott went back to their respective jobs.

But luckily, he got another 2 days holiday for Diwali, so after spending a day with Kong, Arthit would go celebrate it with his parents.

This past month, they did talk, alot actually. But nothing beats meeting the original person and feeling them close.

Arthit felt giddy just by the thought of meeting Kong again, his boyfriend.

But right now, he had to prepare a gift for his Kong.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Arthit was bouncing on his legs. He was at the airport and time couldn't pass by any slower.

He felt so restless. He wanted to reach there, fast.

As soon as possible.

He checked the time, still 4 hours till he get to meet Kongpob.

----------------------------------------------------------

Arthit jumped out of the taxi as soon as it stopped.

He hurriedly rushed inside, and in his haste, his suitcase almost toppled.

He just lifted it up, and sprinted inside and almost collided with Kong's dad.

"Oh, namaste ", Arthit said joining his hands.

Kong's dad greeted him back and did some small talk. But this whole time Arthit's eyes wandered around.

His eyes landed on Knott, who smirked. As if reading his mind. Then stepped aside revealing Kong standing behind him.

Arthit's eyes immediately brightened up and bit his lip to stop himself from smiling like a loon.

Knott just nodded and went away. And finally, Kong's father freed him too.

With restrained steps and body language, Arthit approached Kong.

"Hi", he breathed.

"Hi, P'Arthit", Kong gave a shy smile.

"I..uh...", Arthit stepped forward to hug him but stopped, there were many people watching.

There was this longing and restrained energy around them.

Finally Knott came back and took pity on them,

"Kong, why don't you show Arthit his room"

Silently, Arthit followed Kong.

And as soon as they were inside the room, gave a bone crushing hug to Kong and inhaled his smell deeply.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too, P"

Arthit then picked him up and twirled him around.

"Ackkk...P!!"

Arthit then put him down and kissed his cheek.

"This time, I won't leave you off so easily"

"Hey!!P", kong just blushed in answer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

They were arranging the lights. Kong's family had bought tons of it, and they have been at it for 2 hours. And Arthit was started to feel a little grumpy.

"P"

"Hmm?"

"P"

"Hmm"

"P"

"What", Arthit turned around annoyed, only to be stuffed by something sweet in his mouth. He ate it and immediately felt better.

"Liked it?"

Arthit grabbed Kong's hand as he withdrew it, then licked his fingers.

"Very much"

And when they switched on the light at dusk, Kong looked quite breathtaking.

----------------------------------------------------------

They were all dressed up and lighting the lamps. And Arthit was forever craning his neck to look for Kong.

Ever since that sweets incident, he was nowhere to be seen.

Just as Arthit started sulking, Kong showed up, looking dashing as ever.

"P, can you help me?"

"Sure", Arthit promptly went after him.

Together they were lighting the lamps and placing it.

The sound of cracker bursting had already started. And people had already lighted their lamps. There was a sweet smell of incense in the air. And the light from the lamp was giving an ethereal glow to Kong.

Arthit looked mesmerized at him.

Kong finished arranging the lamps in a row.

"P, look it's pretty"

Arthit glanced at him and said," it is"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Most of the people had gone to bed. Actually all the people were asleep except Kong and Arthit.

Arthit was leaving early morning, and they wanted to spend as much time together as possible.

They were sitting on the terrace, side by side, enjoying each others warmth and the the beautiful view of lighted homes in front of them.

As the clock struck 2, Arthit jumped up and rushed inside.

Then came out again carrying a packet.

"Happy Diwali Kong", he said handing him the packet.

It was a paper lantern.

"Thank you P", Kong's eyes lighted up in affection. Then he wrote their names inside it.

Together they lighted it and lifted it up in the air.

"May our love always rise and shine"

"May we always be together, P"

They watched the lantern float by for some time.

"Oh yes P!!"

"Hmm?", Arthit turned towards him.

Kong gave him a sweet kiss,

"Happy Diwali P'Arthit"

-------------------------end----------------------------

Another story, desi style for you all.