A Handshake

What are the chances, that among the thousands of people you shake hands with, you remember only one?

What are the chances, that you get to shake that hand again, and feel that spark again?

What are the chances, that you would want to shake that hand again, and  maybe, do something more than that?

What are the chances, that you fall in love with just a handshake?

Ask Kongpob.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kongpob was greeting and shaking hands with his fans after a live show.

He was tired from all the exertion and smiling, and just wanted to go home. He had stopped registering faces a long while ago, because his mind cannot take any more information.

It was just chanting sleep.

Until, he shook a fair hand of a male. And mistakenly looked up at the face. He was smiling. Their eyes connected. Kongpob's heart gave a loud thud, and something like an electric current passed through him.

All the events of the day lay forgotten, , all the noise muted, all the buzz inside his head silenced, as he very attentively took in all the features of that cute face.

He stood a moment too long, until his manager pushed him forward. And just like that, the contact was broken.

Kongpob shook no more hands. As he wanted to still feel the tingling sensation on his palm.

Dazedly, he went to his car.

----------------------------------------------------------

It had been 3 weeks since that incident. And Kongpob forgot about it. Only during moments of solitude, sometimes, that face would pop up in his mind and he would think about the possibility.

The possibility of meeting him again.

The possibility of knowing him better.

The possibility of having that feeling again.

Currently he was at a signing event. There was a large queue ahead. Bracing himself, he sat down and started his job.

2 hours and 50 minutes had already passed.

Just 10 more minutes.

He desperately wanted a break. And to eat something.

5 more minutes.

He had started feeling restless now.

Yes!!3 more minutes.

He started preparing to bolt that minute his manager gave the sign.

Until a pale guy wearing a cap arrived. And smiled.

And even though the cap hid half of his face, Kongpob recognised him immediately, just by his dimpled smile.

"Oh!! It's you!!"

The guy finally looked up, and their eyes locked again,

"Yes, it's me"

"Your name?"

"Arthit"

Smiling, Kongpob signed a poster and gave him back. Which upon reading, brought color to Arthit's cheeks.

Kongpob was admiring the color when his manager signalled him to go.

"Arthit", Kongpob extended his hand, which was bashfully shaken back by Arthit.

It was there again. The spark and tingling sensation.

Chuckling at the red ears of Arthit, Kongpob made his way out, praying to God, to make them meet again, and wondering, what had possessed him to write that message.

' would like to meet you again'

-----------------------------------------------------------

5 months. It had been 5 months since then. And Kongpob had not seen Arthit again.

In every event, in every fan meet, he would look around, hoping to see him, but in vain.

Maybe it was all one sided.

Maybe he was all too desperate.

Maybe, it was never meant to be.

He sighed again. On boring parties and lonely nights, his heart would keep chanting that name.

On good days and bad, his heart would keep remembering that name.

Hell, every day, and every night, that name will run through his mind, craving that person.

And Kongpob was going insane.

And it didn't helped the matter, that one day he got a call from hospital, telling him that his friend Aim was admitted.

His best friend Aim. But thankfully it was not serious.

Finishing his schedule for the day, he had rushed there. Tired and anxious.
He had met him and his heart relaxed a bit.

It was 12 am by the time he came out of Aim's room.

He was so sleepy, that his vision had started blurring.

And he almost didn't believed it, when he saw an angel, on crutch.

He rubbed his eyes, still not believing. Until the angel turned to look aback at him, and smiled, then come trotting towards him.

He extended his hand," Kongpob"

Kongpob took it, but this time, instead of shaking it, pulled him in for a tight hug.

"Arthit"

"........."

"Let's exchange numbers"

----------------------------------------------------------

If Kongpob Started visiting his friend everyday in the hospital. No one complained. Infact, Aim was very pleased by his devotion.

And it didn't hurt anyone,if he went to meet a certain person everyday while returning.

Soon, Aim was discharged and so was that person.

And when the time to say goodbye came in again, Arthit offered his hand.

Which was accepted and was pulled in for a kiss.

Blushing furiously, Arthit had fled the spot.

Chuckling, Kongpob had went back to his work.

But this time, his heart at ease and certainty.

Because now, Arthit was his boyfriend. ❤

-----------------------end------------------------------

How was it?😋