Your smile

Arthit wiped his forehead and sighed. It was only 9 am but the sun was harsh. And they had an outdoor shoot today, and the heat's only gonna increase.

He drank half of the water from the bottle and refilled it. Being a spot boy was tough.

Especially in this scorching heat.

He again lifted the heavy boxes and proceeded moving. He was sweating profusely and his shirt was stuck to his back.

Still 8 more hours till he can go get a shower. He will have to bear it till then.

A car came by and stopped at the location. Everybody's head turned towards that direction. And out came the lead actor of the series.

Arthit looked at him and hummed appreciatly, continuing his work.

Some of the things make it bearable to go through a hard day.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Finally the shoot was done for the day.
Arthit removed his cap and fanned himself, and flopped down on the ground.

Today was extra tiring. He had been running around all day in the sun.

He felt lethargic and sleepy.

He was in the process of yawning when someone came.

"Arthit, right?"

Arthit looked up, it was the lead actor- Kongpob.

"Good work today", he said smiling brightly and handing Arthit a bottle of water.

And Arthit, he bolted up, accepted the bottle and thanked him, smiling shyly.

And from then, it became their normal routine.

And Arthit found out, being a spot boy was not that tough.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Arthit was dreading this day, and finally it came, the last day of the shoot.

They had been shooting this series for eight months. And he had really come to like his daily minute interaction with Kongpob.

Which was gonna end today.

And his life was gonna become hard again.

He sighed and slumped down against the wall. He was tired and sad.

Kongpob was thanking everyone for their hard work.

As as per their custom, approached Arthit too.

"Good work Arthit ", he said brightly, handing him the water bottle.

Ok. It was now or never.

Arthit stood up, scrunched his cap and said ," Kongpob"

"Hmm?"

"Being a spot boy is tough. But......"

"But?"

"Seeing your smile everyday made it bearable. And today is the last day"

".........."

"........."

"Arthit"

"........."

"Arthit"

Arthit finally looked up at Kongpob.

"Being an actor is tough. But seeing your smile everyday made it bearable for me too."

Arthit blushed and gaped like a fish.

"So how about, we see each other smile everyday, and be the reason for each others smile too?", Kongpob continued.

Arthit ducked his head, smiled and nodded his head in agreement.

Now his life will become bearable too.

----------------------------end-----------------