Chapter 5

The next day I went to the movies with Will. I didn't even know the movies title or what it was about. The theatre only had two other people in it. So we sat in the very back row and talked and laughed. Then he brought me home in his car. Then I went inside to bed.

During the night I woke up to the sound of a fire alarm. I jumped out of bed is open my door and saw smoke. Downstairs there was a huge fire. I saw my brother and parents come out of their bedrooms and their mouths drop wide open. We all crawled out my window on to an old oak tree. After that we ran over to my neighbours. And they had already called the fire department. The fire department came quickly since we lived close to the station. Upstairs was fine. But the main floor was a different story. Everything was wrecked. Furniture, pictures pretty much everything down there. I'm fine and so is my Mom,Dad and brother. That night we went to a motel until we could find a more permanent place to live.

The next day I woke up to find mom packing up our belongings we had with us.
"Where are we going Mom." I asked.
"Mr and Mrs. Rivers house we have been friends with them for years. That's actually how Will and Connor met through us." She said. Now I was freaking out. We were going to stay at my boyfriends house. All four of us.
"How long?" I asked.
"Well their rebuilding our house so a couple months she said. But don't worry some nights you can go stay with Katie." She said.

At around 11 am we drove to Wills house. And guess who answered the door. Will.
"Hi. Debbie,Dave,Elena and Connor. Welcome." He said gesturing for us to come in. Wills house was huge. It had six bedrooms. 1 for Will's parents, another for Will and two other ones for his sisters Elizabeth and Arizona. His parents were at work right now. I got Arizona's room since she's off at college. And Mom and Dad got the spare room in the basement. And Connor was going to stay on the main floor in the other spare room. Mine and Wills room were next to each other. I could hear him and Connor joking around. I felt weird in Arizona's room. I felt like I was invading her privacy. I know I would hate being away and have people staying my room even if it's family.

That night around 5 Wills parents came home from work. They cooked chicken and my Mom made a salad. Wills parents sat at the ends of the table and my Mom,Dad and Connor sat at one side of the table and Will and I on the other side. After dinner everybody sat at the table and talked. I didn't say really anything. But then when my parents were talking I felt a hand come and grab mine. I looked over at Will but he didn't look at me. But he was smiling. So we sat their for the rest of dinner holding hands. We made no eye contact or even said one word to each other but it was still great.