Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning to see my mom had covered me up with a blanket. I guess I fell asleep. I looked out the window to see Wills car still here. He must have stayed over. I looked in the mirror and washed my face so no one could the tear streaks. I after doing that I went downstairs to see Will and Connor on the couch watching tv. I saw Wills eyes turned to me then I met his gaze and he turned a way. Then Connor got up and followed me into the kitchen.

"Good morning." I said.

"What happened?" He asked.

"What are you talking about." I said.

"With you and Will." He whispered the last part.

"Nothing." I said.

"Nothing? Really? I know you broke up." He said.

"Well we've just been apart and its been hard." I said.

"It's obvious I won't get anymore answers from you." He said walking out of the kitchen. I just got so mad after I talked to Connor and I slammed my cup down on the counter and ran and grabbed my bag and ran outside and got in my car. I drove to the mall to meet Katie. I saw her standing at the entrance.

"Katie" I said relived to see her giving her a hug.

"Oh Elena I've missed you." She said. After that we went inside to grab some lunch and shop. After we were done eating I decided to tell her.

"Katie, Will and I broke up." I said. She looked up and her eyes were wide.

"What! But you guys were so cute and uhhh." She said. "I'm sorry" she said.

"It's ok." I said. Tears threaten to fall but I pushed them back.

"Do you want to talk." She asked.

"No I'm ok. Let's go shopping that's what we came for." I said. At first it looked like she wasn't convinced but then she went along with it. After a couple hours at the mall i decided to go home and pack. I had to leave tomorrow for school. The holidays have gone by so fast. I put the small amount of clothes I brought home back in my suitcase along with a couple other things. I brought it downstairs so I was already to leave for tomorrow. I was home all alone. Connor was at the mall and mom and dad were at work. I watched tv all day. I ignored my phone because it was packed with voicemails and messages from Will. I'll read them later. Maybe. By the time mom and dad got home I already had supper made I thought I'd surprise them. At dinner I refused to talk about Will. We talked about other things like school. After dinner I went upstairs and headed to bed.