Chapter 7 - Made Eye Moody

Isabelle's POV
Once Malfoy dragged me to class, we pulled away quickly.
"We should do this often." he said.
"Likely, that won't happen again." I said, walking away.

I walked in and sat by Erika.
"About time." she said.
"Sorry, got a little distracted." I said.
"Distracted? You never do." she said.

I rolled my eyes at her.
"Anyway, how's talking with Jones this morning?" I asked.
"I...have to tell you that later." she replied.

I nodded as Professor Moody came in

"Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror Ministry malcontent...and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me to. End of story, goodbye, the end...any questions?" he said.

No one talked.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts...I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" he asked.

"Three sir." said Hermione, scared.

"And they are so named?" Moody asked again.
"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will--"

"Will earn you one-way ticket to Azakban, correct." interrupted Moody.

His voice tone seems angry.

" The Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses are, I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared!" He starts to write something on the board.

"You need to find another place to put your chewing gum other than your desk, Mr. Finnigan!"

Chewing Gum? I thought.

We all turned to Seamus. I heard him saying, "What? That old codger can see through the back of his head." Moody threw the chalk at Seamus.

"And hear across classroom!" He yelled.
"Now, which curse should see first?"

Moody looked at Ron. "Weasley!"

"Yes?" replied Ron, scared.

"Stand!"

Ron slowly stood up and faced Moody.
"Give us a curse." Moody commanded.

"Well...My Dad did told me about one....The Imperius Curse?"

"Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief and few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." said Moody.

Moody starts to get his spider and said the curse. He controlled the spider to Neville and Dean's desk. And then, to Ron's head.

Poor Ron. I thought. I heard Malfoy's laugh. "What are you laughing at?" Moody moved it to Malfoy's face.

I couldn't but laugh. Erika leaned on my for support.

"HAHA. Talented isn't she? What should I have her do next? Jump out of the window?" Moody threw it at the window.

"Drown herself?" Then he hovers the spider to the water that is near to the window. Moody brings back the spider to his hand.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding...under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars?" said Moody.
"Another, another." Almost everyone in class raised their hands.

"Longbottom, is it?" he said. "Up."

Neville stood up slowly.

"Professor Sprout tells me you have an apitude for Herbology." said Moody.

Neville nodded. "T-There's the...The Cruciatus Curse."

"Correct, Correct. Come, Come." Moody gesture Neville to come up to the class. He put the spider down. "The Torture Curse. CRUICO !" The spider starts to squeal. Neville starts to get uncomfortable.

This is getting out of hand. I thought.

"STOP IT! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S BOTHERING HIM! STOP IT!" Hermione and I yelled.

Moody stopped. Moody had the spider and brought it to mine and Hermione's desk.

"Perhaps you would give us the last Unforgivable Curse, Miss Granger." said Moody. Hermione was about to cry, but shook her head no.

Then Moody turned to me.
"What about you, Miss Lee?"

I gulped at that.

What do I do? I thought.
"T-the ki-iling curse." I uttered.

"Will you like to demonstrate how does the killing curse work?" he asked.

He's insane!! I thought.

I shook my head and looked down.

"No?" he replied.

He then pointed his wand at the spider.

"Avada Kedavra!" Erika and I flinched at that.

"The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it....and he's sitting in this room.'' said Moody.