Chapter 46 - The Annoucements

Isabelle's POV
I got to Hogwarts safely. Erika was worried about me, but at least I got here. And Lukas was sorted into Gryffindor. His sister...Kara was disappointed that he didn't make it into Slytherin. And I introduced him to my friends, even Erika.

We all ate our dinner until Dumbledore stood up.

"Good evening, children." Dumbledore greeted us.

Everyone went quiet and listened.

"Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Atrs Teacher...Professor Dolores Umbridge." Said Dumbledore as I heard a giggle.

I rolled my eyes at that.

"And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Flich, asked me to remind you----" Dumbledore was interrupted by a 'hem hem'.

I'm seriously starting to hate this women. She got up and went in front.

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge." Harry whispered to us.
"She doesn't look good in pink." Erika whispered back.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome." Umbridge said.

Then she turned to all of us.

"And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." She said.

Yeah right, in your dreams. I thought.

"That's likely." I hear the twins say.

"The Ministry of Magic ha always considered the education of young wizards and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school...progress for the sale of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved...perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." Said Umbridge.

With that, she walked away.

Erika and I did a weak clap.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating." Said Dumbledore.

"Illuminating? What a load of waffle." Said Ron.
"What's it mean?" Asked Harry.
"It means the Ministry's interfering Hogwarts." Hermione replied.

Erika and I choked on our pumpkin juice and started to cough.

"Seriously?!" Erika said.

I just kept on coughing, Lukas was sitting by me and he patted on my back.
"You okay, Belle?" he asked.

I coughed and nodded.
"Y-Yeah, Fan-tastic."

Draco's POV
I looked at the Gryffindor Table and saw Belle with that Lucas kid. He was patting on her back.
That was suppose to be me. I thought.

To be honest...I'm JEALOUS!!!!

"Draco, why are you holding your fork like that?" Blaise asked.
"Huh?"

He pointed on my hand, seeing that. My fork was bent.
I dramatically dropped it.

"Draco...what's wrong with you?" Blaise asked.
"It's nothing." I replied.

He raised his eyebrow at me.
"Really it's nothing." I said.

Then my attention turned to Belle again.
She was giggling with him again.

The grabbed my glass and drank it. In one gulp.

"Draco...you shouldn't be drinking like that." Blaise said.
I didn't respond, but kept on refilling my goblet.