Chapter 71 - Grawp

Erika's POV - Early in the morning

"You did everything you could. No one could win against that old hag." Ron said to Harry.

"Even Dumbledore didn't see this coming." said Hermione.
"Harry, if it's anyone's fault, it's ours." I said. "Yeah, we talked you into it." said Ron.

"Yeah, but I agreed." he said, sadly.
"And I tried so hard to help, and all it's done is make things worse. Anyway, that doesn't matter anymore. Because I don't want to play anymore. All it does is make you care too much. And the more you care the more you have to lose. So maybe it's just better to..." Harry trailed off.

"To what?" Belle asked.
"To go it alone." said Harry.
"You're giving up?" Belle asked.

Harry didn't answer but let out a sigh. "Pst." We all turned to that, seeing Hagrid. "Hagrid." Harry said.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hagrid took us to the Forbidden Forest. He seems a little quiet.

"Any idea where he's taking us?" asked Ron.
I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hagrid, why can't you just tell us?" asked Harry. Hagrid didn't reply. Suddenly a rampage of centurs came running.

"I've never see the centurs so riled. And they're dangerous at the best of times. The Ministry restricts their territory much more...they'll have a full uprising on their hands." he said.

"Hagrid, what exactly is going on?" Belle and I asked, scared.

"I'm sorry to be so mysterious, I wouldn't be bothering you at all with it, but with Dumbledore gone...I'll likely to getting sack any day now. And I just couldn't leave without telling someone about him." Hagrid replied.

"Him?" Belle asked.

Then we heard something. It was huge.

"Grawpy." Hagrid called. We started to back up slowly.

"Down here, you great buffoon." He said.

Grawp was chasing at fly and he slaps his hands together above us. We ducked down.

"Grawpy. I brought you some company." said Hagrid.

Grawp saw us and came forward, we all got scared so we backed up, but he stopped cause there was a rope tied to his waist.

"I couldn't just leave him, because---because he's my brother." said Hagrid.

"Blimey." Ron whispered.

"Well, half-brother, really." said Hagrid. "He's completely harmless, just I like said. Little high-spirited, is all."

Hermione stepped back, but Grawp grabbed her.

"Hermione!" Ron called.

"Grawpy, that is not polite." said Hagrid.

"Hagrid, do something." said Ron.
"We talked about this. You not grab, do you? That's your new friend, Hermione." said Hagrid.

While Ron was looking for something. He grabbed a log and smack on Grawpy's leg. The log broke in half.

I tried not to laugh, because you can see the connection between Ron ad Hermione already. Grawpy looked down and kicked Ron. Ron got up.

"Grawp. Put me down....Now." Hermione commanded.

Then Grawp slowly let Hermione go and put her on on ground.

"You all right?" Ron asked.

"Fine. Just needs a firm hand, is all." Hermione replied.

"I think you've got an admirer." said Harry. I looked up and saw Grawp looking for something.

"You just stay away from her, all right?" said Ron.

"Ronald!" Belle and I scolded him.

"Be nice." Belle whispered.

Grawp found a tricycle bell and ring it. He gave it to Hermione. She was confused but she ring the bell anyways.

"He gets his own food and all. It's company he'll be needing when I'm gone. You will look after him, won't you?" asked Hagrid.

We all nodded.

"I'm the only family he's got."We all looked at Grawp with a smile on our faces, he's just a kid. A huge cute kid!