Chapter Three♥

Life is never too scary when you have good friends with whom to share it.

TRISA'S POV

I woke up feeling like I was still in a dream. Where did I get a boyfriend? "But his arms feel so good you can't be mad." I opened my eyes and reality struck me. It was my new roommate. I remembered him comforting me when my red-headed monster kept haunting me. I raised and flung his arm from around my waist and slapped his shoulder to awaken him. He should've left when I fell asleep, at least. His free arm flew to soothe the spot I hit. I felt bad since he showed concern for my wellbeing, but stuck with the thought that he should have left.

"Ouch! You bitch!" It seemed I hit him harder than I thought.

"Hi," I mumbled, staring into his black orbs. For a moment, they captured me.

"The hell you slapped me for?" He pushed me out of his way and steered toward the closest, later returning in blue joggers that sat just below his waist. His V line was sharp and his skin still looked soft over his toned muscles. "See something you like fluff?"

I averted my gaze in a flash. As he walked to the door, I slapped and shoved him out, shouting, "I told you not to fucking call me that!" In a hurry, I slammed the door before he reckoned to react. Our dorm mother must've fixed the door before we woke up. "If you think I'm one of those girls who'll let you get your way, you're thinking bullshit," I quarreled and checked my phone. I had called no one from back home since I arrived. All I did was send a quick text.

"Hey, Mum!" I chirped as soon as the line opened. "How are you?"

"Better now that you called. Bless Jesus! You worried me sick, child. Why are you just calling?"

"Mum, I had a busy day yesterday, cleaning up my dorm, then this morning I had cramps," I stated.

"Hmm, you need to toughen up baby girl. Anyway, did my beautiful child meet any cute boys yet?" She asked, "You can't avoid them forever."

"Mum!" My face turned crimson. "You know how I feel about boy talk with you."

"Sorry, sorry. Anyway, I have to pick your brother from practice so we'll talk soon," She said.

"Okay, kiss him for me." I hung up the phone and dialed my best friend's number. We were friends ever since I could remember and over the years, Jessica became the sister I lost. She didn't and couldn't replace Briana, but she gave me the sisterly love I needed. If not for her, I doubt I would've made it past eleven.

"Tris!" Her voice exploded in my ears. "You punk, how you just hitting me up?" She quarreled.

"My ears, Jess," I quarreled, "I miss you already. I don't think I can manage by myself here. I've only met one person so far and he scares the shit out of me."

"Sorry, you took ten years to hit me up, Tris. I'm excited." Jess was one to always exaggerate everything. When she first got her period, she cried that there was blood everywhere. I hurried to her, only to realize it was just a tiny spot on her bed. "Wait, you met a guy?" I could hear nothing but excitement lacing her voice. "Tell me everything."

"Jess, there's really nothing to tell." I raked my fingers through my curls. "He's arrogant, rude, and disrespectful. Did I mention nasty? He left the place in a pigsty and threatened me because I touched his trash." I was glad to talk to Jess. She made things so much more bearable. "The worst thing is, he is my roommate and there's no way I can switch. What if he tries to hit me again? I barely escaped last night."