Chapter Twenty Eight★

After all, some choices are only nature's politeness in asking

TRISA'S POV

When the math exam was over, I hurried through the doors and down the stairs. I may have bumped into a few people on my way toward the tree, but I didn't care. I found comfort shedding unspoken emotions on dead leaves. At least, they couldn't judge me the way everyone else did.

I knew what I did was unfair and selfish, but at the moment it felt like the better thing to do. I guess actions from thoughts get you nowhere. "If he wanted to hear you out he would listen," My inner self advised as I reluctantly unlocked the dormitory door.

For a few moments, I stood in the doorway, allowing my eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness. The night crawled upon me falling asleep on a half-dead branch. It was the reckless flight of a bird that awakened me, and all I wanted was to sleep again. Sleep, so I could dream of pleasant things and not feel the emotions that bombarded my heart.

The crystal droplets from the showerhead dripped down my cheeks with the salty ones from my eyes. I wanted so badly to stop thinking about Troy, but I couldn't. Soon it was the blankets that covered my body that felt like his hands hugging me closer to him. I wanted nothing more than to touch his chiseled face and ogle at how soft his eyes are.

My last wish before I fell asleep.

A loud banging at the door later awakened me. In hopes that it was Troy outside, I leaped toward the door with the sheets hauling behind me. I twisted the lock and pulled the door open, revealing a troubled face. His eyes looked me up and down, with different emotions flashing across them.

"Oh, Morning," I let out, stepping to the side to allow him entrance. He released a long sigh and stepped inside. I then closed the door and turned to him. We stood in an awkward silence before he finally spoke.

"Trisa, I shouldn't have abandoned you," He whispered.

I wondered about the sudden apology but decided against questioning it. Instead, I pretended it was okay. "Marlon, it's okay, you're his friend first, then mine after."

"We're still sorry," Marlon said, walking toward the desk, "Anna and Kate and Maya are too ashamed to face you, so they sent me. "

Maybe they cared after all. I didn't know what to say except, "It's okay,"
Even though it wasn't. I was mad at them for not seeing my pain and for not trying to take it away. Still, nothing changed the fact that I needed a genuine hug, not from a pillow or a shirt that smelled like Troy, but from a person.

I trudged towards the desk and fell In Marlon's arms. For a second, It crushed me when he wasn't hugging back, but he did after a moment.
My cell phone soon rang out, breaking up the moment.

"I'll get that," I Said, pulling away and grabbing the phone from the desk.

Marlon then stood to leave. "Later Trisa." I nodded to him then answered the phone without checking the caller ID.

"Hello."

"Trisa right?" A woman's voice questioned.

"Uh, who wants to know?"

She hissed lowly then spoke again, "The queen of England." I could tell she was being sarcastic by the tone, but couldn't figure out why or who this woman was. "Child get your ass to my house and fix my son, do you hear me?" The woman whisper shouted.

For a moment I thought to say she had called the wrong line but realized she called me by my name. "Who are you?" I polled.

"I am Troy Wilson's mother," She let out and continued to speak before I had the chance to react, "The driver is downstairs, pack up and get her now." The phone beeped three times, indicating she hung up.

"What the Fuck?" I questioned in shock. Troy's mother summoned me to her house. I loathed the journey and judging from her tone, I wouldn't be surprised if she came to get me herself. Her voice was squeaky but very authoritative in a way that made me want to obey her.

Being that I hadn't unpacked my luggage from Georgia, I grabbed the bag and headed through the door. I met Kate in the hallway. "Where are you going?" She asked worriedly.

"That's not much business of yours, Kate," I told her and walked away. I shook my head as I heard a door behind me shut. If she was sorry she would've come after me. That's what you do when you love someone, you chase after them, not to force anything but the give them the truth of your emotions. But she walked away just like I did, just like Troy did, and it made me wonder.

Was it love in the first place?

I walked out of the elevator and into the company of a young man. He wore a black suit and a stern face that shared a polite smile when our eyes met. He walked toward me and spoke, "This way, Miss Morgan." He took the bag and let me through the glass doors and down the stairs. Parked a couple of meters away was a black jeep. After putting the bag in the back, he held the door open for me.

"Thanks," I told him and he nodded in acknowledgment. Soon, we drove through the gates and toward civilization. That was what I thought until I realized we turned onto a road that much resembled the loneliness of Flowerville. Minutes later, we approached tall metal gates which slowly opened as we approached.

I looked at the driver with curious eyes. "I have a remote, " He said holding up a small remote for me to see.

"Oh, " I laughed. By the gate's appearance, I thought he needed to get buzzed in by someone. After driving in, he stopped just outside a garage, exited the car, and led me towards the doorway. I noticed how beautifully landscaped the place was. The house was like a mansion, painted in royal blue and white. I smiled at how it reminded me of a barbie house.

We approached the doorway where two guys stood on either side. Both were dressed in suits. "Bring her bag to the arranged bedroom, " The driver said to one of the men then led me inside.

"Sit," The driver instructed, Mrs. Wilson will be with you in a moment." I nodded and sat on a couch in the living room. My eyes mapped the place aimlessly and soon noticed the house was so clean it almost seemed untouched.

As time ticked away, I grew nervous. I tapped the tiles with the heel of my sandals in anticipation of meeting Troy's mother. It wasn't in favorable circumstances, and judging by the tone in her voice earlier, she wasn't happy with me.

"Trisa," A voice called, dragging me out of my thoughts. I shuffled around to the direction from which the voice came and saw a tall slim woman descending the stairs. "Wow, my son does have good taste," She said, walking toward me. As she neared me, she introduced herself, "You can call me Janelle, I am Troy's mother."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you... Janelle." She smiled and gestured for me to sit. Silence took us over as she folded her slender arms and stared down at me. I wondered what she wanted to say, but waited impatiently. She was scarier in person, like a very strict boss, yet extremely beautiful.

"Why did you do it?" The last time someone asked me that, I had no idea what they meant, but now I did.

I still didn't have an answer. "I was scared, " I whispered.

"Speak as loud as you did when you told him to leave you alone, " She shouted, causing me to jump.

"Do you love Troy?" Her question took me by surprise.

My answer came out before I noticed it. "Yes."

She chuckled at my outburst then quickly replaced it with a glare. "Then fucking fix him, and stop making him cry himself to sleep." With that, she fixed her office attire and sauntered away.

I never thought he would cry himself to sleep for me. My mind began flashing back to moments where he refused to talk to me, even though I begged him.

Why would he do this to himself if he loved me?

That's a stupid question to ask when I did the same. It was clear. I knew what I needed to do. I had to make things better for us by rekindling our bond.

I hoped he wouldn't chase me away.