Chapter Thirty Nine♦

First, you must love yourself, only then can you truly love someone else.

TRISA'S POV

"Your mom isn't as bad as I thought," I told Troy. "She's fun."

"That's why I made you go, I knew you would like her If you spent time together." the sunlight shone through the curtain, onto his face. I felt blesses to wake up next to him. "Why are you blushing?" He asked.

"Nothing." I blushed even harder. One could equate our love to a fairytale. "I just love you, is all."

"Like you could resist all of this," He said, pointing from his head to his feet. He was right. How could I?

"I'm so lucky."

Troy's lips touched mine, sending electricity through my veins. He sent me over the moon every time he kissed me, and yet I still wanted more, every single time.

A knock on the door brought us back to reality. It opened before we answered, and I frowned at Marlon. He stood in the doorway with a large carton in his hand and a smirk plastered across his face.

"I gotta go, Fluff," Troy said after kissing me. "Go down for breakfast soon." I nodded, and they left. I wondered what they were up to. The curious part of me wanted to know what that thing was that they spoke of, so I ushered myself out of bed and into the bathroom. When I got there, I noticed something written on the vanity mirror.

"You're beautiful, Fluff."

Truly, it was enough to make me smile from ear to ear and to turn my face crimson.

I noticed a gift box on the bed. It reminded me of the ones the gang sent me, but I knew it wasn't them. They couldn't get into Janelle's home with all her security detail. Still, I hesitated to lift the top off. When I did, my eyes widened. It wasn't what I thought, but it was beautiful. On the top was a card decorated with hearts and kisses. There was a note written in it.

"You owe me a date, love. Wear this and follow the signs."

I pulled out a burgundy dress and wore it. It clung to me like a second skin. I felt beautiful. It had been a while since I felt like that. I was grateful to have someone like Troy. He was hard to understand and rather headstrong like his parents, and I saw that he had a good heart, so I loved him. I loved him when I found it hard to love myself, and when I found it harder to like him.

When I reached the kitchen, it was empty; they had the dining table filled with food for at least three people. Another note sat on the dining table beside the food.

"Eat and be merry."

I could tell it was Troy who made it. He never made breakfast that didn't include two types of eggs, and he sometimes used the ketchup to draw hearts on my plate.

"Troy, I know you're watching me," I said. "Eat with me and stop being a creep."

"Fine, come on," Someone said, but it wasn't Troy. Nevertheless, I followed, remembering my quest to find out what Troy was hiding from me. The notes were cute but creepy. I knew he wrote them, but they still reminded me of what happened back home. I felt safe but tense all the same. The person led me to the back of the house, still not showing his face. Red, purple, and blue rose petals covered the path that led to the gazebo. I remembered the last time we were here. I missed him so much. Again, we stood before each other as naked as storm clouds.

"God, you're beautiful," Troy said.

I blushed and buried my eyes into the floor. He was much more beautiful than me. At first, I saw him as just another asshole, but now when I look at him, I no longer see the faces he painted. "You're beautiful too," I said. "I got you this." I handed him a small box. In it were two bracelets, one with a key and the other with a heart. I gave him the heart.

"You're giving me your heart?" He asked.

I could hear our hearts pounding in our chests. Silence gave us much to think about; It wasn't a complex question, yet it held so much meaning. Butterflies partied in my stomach and cold sweat washed his features. Faintly, a Shawn Mendes song playing in the background touched my soul.

Our eyes met, but we weren't just looking, we were seeing. "Fluff, you know I love you, right?"

I nodded. He's been there for me since the moment we met. Even when I hated him, he still cared. He was there when I asked him not to be. How could I not know that he loved me?

"Good, because Fluff, you've been my light in a dark tunnel and my sun on gloomy days." He kissed my forehead, and his lips lingered there for a while. I wasn't expecting another revelation of his love for me but knew he would tell me anyway. It was my new favorite thing to hear.

"We're still going on out date, right?"

"I wanted to ask you something first."

"Oh, okay." He stayed silent, and I wondered what was on his mind.

"Fluff, I know you aren't ready, but I really can't wait much longer."

"Yes, Troy, we can. I've been ready for a while. We've just been busy." I was ready, ready to give all of me to him.

"Dude, I know you've been ready since the moment we made up," He chuckled. "That's not what I want. I crave something else." He pulled out a black box from his pocket and went down on one knee.

Oh shit, is he?

"Are you...?"

~~~THE END