★Chapter Four

Every new acquaintance is a new chance of something great.

TRISA'S POV

My heart jumped at the smoky voice, knowing exactly who it belonged to. My feet threatened to stop, but I forced myself to ignore him and continue walking.

Seconds after, he dragged backward by my shirt. "I said hold up," He glared at me, still holding onto my shirt. Everyone watched us, waiting for the outcome. Their faces were shocked, and I didn't know why.

"What is wrong with you?" I yanked his arm off of my shirt and walked away, but no one moved with me. Kate, Anna, and Maya remained planted to the pavement with their brown eyes wide like they had seen a ghost. I didn't understand why everyone was so afraid of this one guy. Yes, he was strong and towering and his face was stern, but scarier-looking guys were lurking on the campus. If I allowed them to see how easily they could scare me, they wouldn't stop harassing me.

Troy walked around and stopped in front of me. He straightened my shirt, smirked, then held my neck, careful enough not to choke me. "Don't fucking talk to me like that again. Got it?" he looked around at the gathering crowd, then back at me. "Give me your room keys."

I shrunk under his penetrating gaze. "You have your own fucking keys. Let me go," I said in a tremulous voice. I watched him let me go before grabbing the keychain that hung from my phone case. When I tried to grab it, he slapped me hard across my left cheek. I was so frightened I opened my mouth to retort, but the words didn't come out.

The girls grabbed my hands and dragged me away. "You'll fucking regret that, Wilson!" I shouted over my shoulder as they hauled me into the pizza parlor.

Kate went to place our order while the rest of us found a booth at the window. "You okay, girl?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright thanks," I could hear how brittle my voice was. My heart was still plummeting and a hug would've been nice, but I wouldn't entertain a pity party. The only shoulders I could cry on were back home, so I had to hold the tears.

"Okay, but didn't you know not to talk to Troy Wilson like that? He's the most heartless motherfucker at Flowerville. He's also the hottest and the richest," Maya said. 

I turned to Anna for confirmation.

"It's true. Last year he beat up all the guys that weren't apart of his Posey and slept with a lot of girls and then dumped them. He is a certified fuckboy." 

"Oh, well, I'm not afraid of him and I won't sleep with him either."

"You won't have a choice," Kate said as she sat next to Maya and placed the pizza box in front of us, "Especially since you're so beautiful."

"Hmm, we'll see." I couldn't think of anything Troy could say to lure me to his bed. Sure, he was good looking and I couldn't deny it, but there was a sour hatred growing in the depths of my heart for him. I knew I couldn't fight him, but I wanted so badly to rip the smirk off of his face.

"We will, Trisa. We sure will," They said in unison before erupting in contagious laughter.

I stared at them in amusement as they stuffed their faces with Hawaiian pizza. 

"What? girl, we hungry," Maya choked out.

 We ate and chatted about all sorts of things for the rest of the evening. I learned a lot about Anna and her friends. Anna had just turned twenty and moved from Miami, where she lived with both her parents, who were still married. Kate and Maya were from Los Angeles and went to high school together. They were both nineteen and grew up with their dads alone.